shape
carat
color
clarity

Peter Torraca red spinel ring

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I recently cannibalized some rings to get diamonds for a graduate 5 stone, which meant I was left with some settings. I really liked this custom setting which is 18k yellow and platinum, and so found a nice peter torraca red spinel to put in it! My jeweler is great, the original prongs had to be cut to get the diamond out, but she rebuilt all the plat prongs to fit this slightly bigger stone and it looks great!

The spinel was originally posted by Niel who was looking for an ering stone for a family member, luckily for me she chose a different direction! I think it was for the best since this red spinel isn't really what I would call a true "Red", it definitely has hints of orange or pink depending on the lighting, it's not the pure stop light red of my burmese red spinel although in diffuse daylight it can get close. But it is beautiful and definitely no brown or gray in sight.

0.74ct, 5.31x5.34x3.59mm.

It's a grey rainy day so sadly no nice daylight pics where the spinel looks most red. But I hope you enjoy anyways, if the weather clears up, I"ll add more photos.

_10783.jpg

img_4873.jpg

img_4881.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! I especially love that last close up shot. Yum!

Pretzel

Rough_Rock
That is a gorgeous colour! Very close to what I am searching for. :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it MTG! Any profile shots?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
That's really beautiful...the more red spinels I see, the more in love I become. That one looks so beautifully cut.

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Congrats MTG - What a beautiful Peter stone and graceful setting. :twirl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful color -- interesting in different lights. It looks super in that setting!

--- Laurie

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm so haply for you! Though this little baby is breaking my heart a little as I almost got it for myself.

Just perfect little size and the color is mesmerizing. I love the shifts to pink and orange. Your right L didn't want pink. It wasn't right for her. Looks just great with the setting. You were meant for it. Lol.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very different flavour but still pretty and well cut.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's still grey and cloudy, but I wanted to add some pics of the spinel in cooler daylight, it looks much more red and saturated, although my photos don't really convey the pretty red. :angryfire:

img_5032.jpg

img_5039.jpg

img_5046.jpg

img_5107.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it MTG! I need to bug my jeweler....

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love that spinel. I'm also curious about your graduated diamond ring--is it complete? :appl: :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i keep coming back to :love: at this ring.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely, and I love the way the spinel glows in your pics. Enjoy!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG: its so awesome that you have such a great jeweler who can do so much for you in such a competent manner - and it sounds like quickly and cheaply to boot (at least I've got that sense from prior posts of yours). :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1381865023|3538191 said:
MTG: its so awesome that you have such a great jeweler who can do so much for you in such a competent manner - and it sounds like quickly and cheaply to boot (at least I've got that sense from prior posts of yours). :appl:

Yes, I LOVE her!
She rebuilt all the platinum prongs and set the stone for a whopping $80.

And my wax is ready for my 5 stone reset, seeing it tomorrow!

It's frustrating that I can't capture on camera the gorgeous red color this spinel is in daylight, it's extremely glowy and fiery and amaze balls! Peter was not lying when he described it to me as a saturated and wonderful stone.

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
Hey everybody. I'm happy to announce that I am now the owner of this sweet ring. MTG was right about not capturing the true red color of this stone in her pictures. It's a small but very well cut stone. The setting is dainty but surprisingly heavy for its size. I love it. Thanks MTG!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey everybody. I'm happy to announce that I am now the owner of this sweet ring. MTG was right about not capturing the true red color of this stone in her pictures. It's a small but very well cut stone. The setting is dainty but surprisingly heavy for its size. I love it. Thanks MTG!

Nice!!!! I love Peter’s gems, I’ve purchased 5 and all are fantastically cut! I saw this ring but it was too small for me, by quite a bit. I’m so glad someone found it and will love it! Wear it in good health!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful :love:. Congrats on your purchase!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results