Which combo do you like best?

• Option 3

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Option 2

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I've been throwing around the idea of a new pendant and was hoping to get a little feedback as I keep flip flopping between stones :)

Option 1) Blue/Grey spinel baguette with EC Afghan tourm
Option 2) Blue/Grey spinel baguette with Pink Trill spinel triangle set
Option 3) Blue/Grey spinel baguette with Pink trill spinel set upside down

The colors are very washed out in the photo so each stone can hold it's own with the baguette and they both have alot of blue in them. The trill spinel is quit pink with blue flashes and the EC tourm is a really bright blue/green.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason I voted #1 with the tourmaline is because the colours seem to match well; neither blending nor clashing. The bright pink spinel has too much contrast to go with the gray spinel.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Chrono and voted option 1 as well. The colors seem to go together a little better.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think the colors in option one compliment each other, and the shapes seem to flow well too!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Yup, another vote for #1, colors and shapes just work well together.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
If the sapph had been the color in the vendor''s photo, it may have possibly gone well with the pink. But as it is in your pictures with the various stones, totally go with the green tourm.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I am going to buck the trend and say option 2. I really like the colour combo, and the shapes look very art deco or something together. I think it would make a lovely pendant.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
pssssst ... what about the Green Tourmaline bezel set East West & done DBY pendant style with a yellow bezel and white gold chain?
3.gif
31.gif

Of your original choices ... #1.
2.gif

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like #2 best - the color combination is nice imo and I like the way the two shapes look together, number one just doesnt do it for me :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 would be STUNNING! The colors and the shapes go together beautifully!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2009 2:52:14 PM
Author: Deia
I like #2 best - the color combination is nice imo and I like the way the two shapes look together, number one just doesnt do it for me :)
Ditto!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 would be my first choice, but #3 if you want to go different
3.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think the shapes are very sharp and defined in option #1 so they go together better. I think the colours compliment each other too.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I voted for 1, but if the vendor pics are more true to life, 2 could actually be much prettier than I thought (voted before I read the thread). I don''t care for 3, looks too much like an arrow.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 12:34:58 PM
Author: AustenNut
If the sapph had been the color in the vendor's photo, it may have possibly gone well with the pink. But as it is in your pictures with the various stones, totally go with the green tourm.
I will have to say that the stones look very much like the vendors photos-the spinel baguette is a med. blue with a little grey, the spinel trill is a med. lavender pink with lots of blue flashes(not as sleepy at the vendor pic) and the blue green tourm kind of has multiple personalities-but always very bright. I originally purchased the blue spinel baguette to set with the EC tourm, but when I saw it with the spinel trill-I really loved the colors together IRL.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for all the votes and options :) Much appreciated since I have been on the fence with these stones!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SCN,
If the vendor’s pictures are accurate, then my vote is for #2 with the pink stone. #3 is too “arrow”-ish.
9.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 2:48:44 PM
Author: decodelighted
pssssst ... what about the Green Tourmaline bezel set East West & done DBY pendant style with a yellow bezel and white gold chain?
3.gif
31.gif

Of your original choices ... #1.
2.gif
deco-I had actually thought of setting the tourm as you described, I have a DBTY necklace(that I do not wear much) that I thought would be lovely with the tourm-except bezeled in RG because the diamonds in the necklace are bezeled in RG as well and the chain in WG. Great minds think alike :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 9:39:10 AM
Author: Chrono
SCN,

If the vendor’s pictures are accurate, then my vote is for #2 with the pink stone. #3 is too “arrow”-ish.
9.gif
The vendor photos are quit accurate(for some reason my camera tends to kill all blue in photos) and LOL on the arrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results