shape
carat
color
clarity

Pendant ideas, looking for suggestion

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
After the pink tourmaline ring, next project would be a pendant and earring set. Here is what I wanna do for the pendant and I hope to hear your comments.

I used photoshop to combine the center part of my ring and a design from Harry Wintson. There will be a thin chain coming out from the top corners. Should I use rose gold for the butterfly?

Pendant idea:
Pendant.jpg

Pendant.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I Like it! Would you want the butterfly to act ask a prong for the pendant?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's lovely - I really like the design. Practically, you have to think about several issues:-

1. The butterfly will make the pendant heavier on one side so could be prone to flipping - especially if you have a centre bale.
2. To stop that, it might be wise to have a bale on the two top corners that you thread a chain through so it becomes a slider.
3. If you use rose gold for the butterfly would you be happy with a rose gold chain? Not sure how it would look with a yellow or white gold chain.

Hope that helps and can't wait to see it because it's equisite.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's such a very cute yet classy design. I do second LD's concern about the weight distribution of the pendant once worn.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I suggest making it into a slider too, that would help with the flipping issue.

How about making the centre of the butterfly in rose gold leaving the rest white? or Vice versa. Then you can have a nice white gold chain.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the input!

I am not sure if the butterfly can act as a prong, but as long as there is a butterfly sticks to the corner, I am fine! :love:

As for the flipping issue. If I have the chain fixed to the two upper corners, would that eliminate the flipping problem?

I will go to the jeweler two days later. Hope they can put the design into life. :appl: :appl:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fussykiki|1325005213|3089308 said:

I am not sure if the butterfly can act as a prong, but as long as there is a butterfly sticks to the corner, I am fine! :love:

As for the flipping issue. If I have the chain fixed to the two upper corners, would that eliminate the flipping problem?

I will go to the jeweler two days later. Hope they can put the design into life. :appl: :appl:

Yes - but with fixed chains at either side, the pendant doesn't move and so may not stay central. If you have a bale at either side hidden on two upper corners and the chain threads through then the pendant will move as you move and the weight of it will make it stay central (more so than with fixed chains).

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1325008330|3089354 said:
fussykiki|1325005213|3089308 said:

Yes - but with fixed chains at either side, the pendant doesn't move and so may not stay central. If you have a bale at either side hidden on two upper corners and the chain threads through then the pendant will move as you move and the weight of it will make it stay central (more so than with fixed chains).

What LD said :D

I just have to say again that it's a really great design. Classy and youthful

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and cute at the same time! Would you consider making the butterfly into a bale/slider so the pendant hangs down diagonally?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Might look nice & would solve the balance problem -- I like the design. Unique & fresh. If done diagonally, maybe the butterfly could move a little toward the edge so stone & halo seemed to be hanging from it more.

Pendant.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry guys but I wouldn't do that. The pendant would then flip from side to side and possibly over on itself. You need stability. The bale on each corner would sort that out and would maintain the integrity of the original design which dilutes (IMHO) if you put the butterfly at the top. With the butterfly in one corner it's unusual and very very pretty. Just my 2 cents!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1325026716|3089599 said:
Good point, LD. I learn something everyday!

I learned the hard way! :(sad I had a pendant made that flipped constantly and it drove me nuts. I played around with ideas until I got it right so I'm super sensitive to the settings of a pendant!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
And on this thread I see yet another awesome application of PSer's and their wealth of experience! Good that we can rely on the valuable contributions of the many, and the special attentiveness of some :praise:

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone again!

I have other question. I have necklace with sliding pendant. But the clasp at the back always move to the front after wearing for awhile. Do you guys have the same problem too? How you solve that?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I solved it by making my pendants stationary on the chains. Haven't had anything made any other way since then!

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Went to check on the pendant today. The jeweler wants me to check if I like it before they process further. Here is a WIP picture of my pink tourmaline pendant. It turns out quite nice. Excuse me for the horrible photo quality.

:appl:

photo.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results