shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearfect blue zircon in YG

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Well, no stone is ever perfect, but I am loving my new zircon ring. I picked up this stone from Prima Gems at an Intergem last year. In truth, I'm not sure that this stone is an especially better color than most zircons you see (most look the exact same color to me), but I love it's little squat shape and size, it just had a lot of personality to me.

I am not sure why my hands look crazy pink here. Incandescent lighting? Not sure what types of bulbs we have. But the color of the stone is pretty accurate.

Edited to add: It is a 3+ ct zircon...not sure of dimensions.

_14852.jpg

_14849.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Side viewz and such.... The shank has channel set diamonds, as I was going for a more modern look with this one.

_14854.jpg

_14850.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for tonight. In the morning I am going to return with pics of it in the snow :)

This was yet another Quest project, and they executed this perfectly. I was also super specific with them this time and had mocked up the whole design in photoshop, so I was not going to brook any issues - fortunately there are none :)

Thanks for looking!

_14856.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I am not a "pear" person, but I must say I really like this ring! The size, shape, and color of the zircon are all very pleasing to my eye. I was going to ask who made the setting as well so thanks for adding that in - it looks great :). Makes me want a nice chunky ring...all of mine seem way too small lately (uh -oh, lol!!)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be happy to have that ring. I too love the squat roundness of the pear. It looks wonderful in the yellow gold as well. I also like the delicacy of the shank. It is pearfect.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! I have to say, I think I've also found my ideal stone size. This is neither too big nor too small - I will say it looks bigger on my finger in these photos than it looks in real life.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness - it's sooooo cute, and the color really does stand out against that yellow gold - it really does have a lot of character! I'd consider it quite a success!!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! Simple, yet elegant. I'm a blue zircon fan. :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!

Snowyrin

Shiny_Rock
Nice one! Love your choice of blue zircon with YG. Very outstanding! Btw you are doing 14k or 18k?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous. :love:
I love the yummy shape and color. :appl:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

endless_summer|1392265254|3614137 said:
Oh my goodness - it's sooooo cute, and the color really does stand out against that yellow gold - it really does have a lot of character! I'd consider it quite a success!!!

Thanks endless! Cute is the word I think of too, for some reason. :)

NKOTB|1392265712|3614138 said:
Nice! Simple, yet elegant. I'm a blue zircon fan. :)

Thanks NKOTB - I'm a fan as well, they have such interesting refraction. Plus hopefully this can tide me over until I find the ideal blue-green tourmaline that I really want...

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
katharath|1392256064|3614019 said:
I am not a "pear" person, but I must say I really like this ring! The size, shape, and color of the zircon are all very pleasing to my eye. I was going to ask who made the setting as well so thanks for adding that in - it looks great :). Makes me want a nice chunky ring...all of mine seem way too small lately (uh -oh, lol!!)

I had meant to add that I know what you mean, pears don't always appeal to me. Most of the time I just see all sorts of extinction in them. But when you find a good one they are such a fun shape!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Snowyrin|1392288092|3614233 said:
Nice one! Love your choice of blue zircon with YG. Very outstanding! Btw you are doing 14k or 18k?

Thanks much! Sorry it is 18k... I like the butteriness of it so I pretty much always do 18k.

Btw - I was trying to hit quote to respond to you and I accidentally hit 'report concern'. So sorry! I hit stop on the browser immediately so I'm hoping it didn't go thru.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love it! The shape, the color, the setting… It's all pearfect!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I love ther way the gold looks with this gem. I am a fan of yellow gold.

Annette

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A fat pear with high crown. Wohoo! That's a sweet ring.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you did well with this stone...and it looks really great on your finger!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummo - it looks like a delicious mini-swimming pool on your finger, with ripples of glittery blue :love:

*I'm also waiting my own Zircon ring to come in the mail today. :naughty:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your lovely, plump pear is a wonderful example of why Leon Mege is wrong when he denounces chubby pears as "unbelievably ugly" :roll:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much everyone, you are so nice!

I'm shamelessly returning with more photos. First up, in the car RIGHT after I picked it up. Was trying it out with a WG stacker next to it.

_14943.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Now snow pics. They're not that great...I am still working on my photo taking skills. No sun on the day I took these.

Perched in some of the white stuff...

With camera flash...

_14944.jpg

_14945.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results