shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I''d post pics of my new ring. A daisy cluster of paraiba tourmaline and diamond. Pretty colour. don''t you think?

34514.jpg

one from the side - nice and low set.

3458.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice!!
i can see a perfectly matched pendant in the works
2.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
You know me so well, belle!
9.gif
Plus, they do earrings to match too!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Plus, they do earrings to match too!
i knew it!! i can so see that design in some pretty matching earrings!!
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh, beautiful! I love the color of paraiba tourmaline. That would make a terrific matching pendant!
30.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I love that color (and your ring is beautiful!) I''m off to do a search for paraiba tourmalines!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
WARNING BAD INFLUENCE!!!!

What would really be pretty is,,,instead of a tradional pendant... to have a necklace (and bracelet of course) with the paraiba diamond florals interspersed with a gold or platinum chain. Like the pearl necklace Rene Russo wore in Tin Cup except with the paraiba/diamond florals.

I love paraiba tourmalines. I wish I had one. Yours is mui bueno!!!
2.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 9:31:57 PM
Author: crafftygrrl
WARNING BAD INFLUENCE!!!!

What would really be pretty is,,,instead of a tradional pendant... to have a necklace (and bracelet of course) with the paraiba diamond florals interspersed with a gold or platinum chain. Like the pearl necklace Rene Russo wore in Tin Cup except with the paraiba/diamond florals.

I love paraiba tourmalines. I wish I had one. Yours is mui bueno!!!
2.gif
Get thee behind me S#t#n!
11.gif

You''re right though, that would look lovely!
21.gif

I''m amazed at how sparkly these little stones are and they''re clear as a bell, too.
18.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring, Bagpuss. You beat me to it. I love how low it sits. I''ve been shopping around for small paraiba stones to make a cluster ring too. Now I''m toying with the idea of making cluster drop earrings with them as well.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Chrono,

I made cluster drop paraiba earings for my wife. They look great. I used the round .60 carat paraiba''s I got from Cherrypicked.com with diamond jackets and additional Pariaba dangle jackets.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2005 11:18:39 AM
Author: MJO
Hello Chrono,

I made cluster drop paraiba earings for my wife. They look great. I used the round .60 carat paraiba''s I got from Cherrypicked.com with diamond jackets and additional Pariaba dangle jackets.
wow....those sound very nice!! any chance we could see them?
20.gif

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Belle,

I''ll try tonight but my computer won''t upload to PS. If anyone has any ideas why please let me know. I have alot of great stones I would love to put pictures of including a 10ct+ Heart shaped Alexandrite but I can''t get the stupid things uploaded.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mjo...you can email them to me and i''ll see if i can get them loaded
2.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I''d love to see them too!

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Belle,

Attached is a picture of my 10ct+ Alexandrite

Alex6.JPG

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pictures of my larger mandarin garnets. The trilliant is 11cts. Ovals are 22cts and 24cts. These were sent to Richard Holmer for recutting. The pair is an 8 carat attached to a pendet with a 10ct tsavorite. I will post this one next.

largemandarins2.JPG

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
8ct Mandarin & 10ct tsavorite pendent and 9ctw mandarin & small tsavorite earings.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Attached are very poor pictures of the earings and a paraiba ring I had made for my wife. My camera doesn''t take pictures of paraiba well. The blue turns green. The studs are 1/3 carat stones were purchased from cherrypicked.com, and have with diamond jackets and dangle different colored paraiba stones. The color on the cherrypicked.com website is the true color. The ring is a 1 1/2ct geenish blue (the same color as the studs.

earing2.jpg

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is a picture of the .68ctw paraiba''s from Cherrypicked.com This shows the true colors.

988sm.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2005 1
6.gif
5:49 PM
This is a picture of the .68ctw paraiba''s from Cherrypicked.com This shows the true colors.
Lovely jewellery MJO! I wish my dh could make me stuff like that - ah well he''ll just have to go on buying them for me instead.
11.gif

I understand your problems re colour coming out weird in photos. The pics of my ring, while showing the colour quite well, dosn''t really do justice to the saturation of the colour. My flash tends to wash the hue out. In reality, the colour looks exactly like the matched pair from cherrypicked that you posted.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2005 11:18:39 AM
Hello Chrono,

Sorry for the confusion. From the above post, I thought you''d done them yourself. Jewellery making would be a very handy skill for any husband, IMHO!
9.gif

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I wish I could make jewelry . It would save me a fortune. I design the stuff and have someone else make it up for me. Since I paid I say I made it for my wife . I guess I should say I had it made for my wife.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Designing and paying for it does it for me! You are officially one of the good guys.
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results