shape
carat
color
clarity

OPINIONS...please from the experts

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
what do you think of this stone...cut and color?

tourmaline.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I like the color quite a bit and the cut appears to be nice.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a very saturated pink, but what I would call a nice baby pink. It has a slight orange secondary. If that were a sapphire, someone would label it "padapradscha" and sell it for $10K. :rolleyes: Is it a spinel? I have a few that color, they're very pretty, and if cut well, sparkle like mad.

ETA: Ooops I see it's a tourmaline. Again, I have some spinels that color and I prefer that color in a spinel since they have nicer luster, and sparkle more. Pink tourmalines that color are pretty common. They tend to shift to more peachy color in certain lighting, which may not be attractive to some people (it isn't to me).

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
Not a very saturated pink, but what I would call a nice baby pink. It has a slight orange secondary. If that were a sapphire, someone would label it "padapradscha" and sell it for $10K. :rolleyes: Is it a spinel? I have a few that color, they're very pretty, and if cut well, sparkle like mad.

tl..it is actually a tourmaline. I also like this morganite. What do you think of this one?

ETA: I like the color of the diamond in this photo...and would love something similar that I could actually afford! :naughty:

morganite.jpg

i5730.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like peachy stones that much, and morganite, like most beryls to me, are dull and meh when a very pale pastel. I rather have a malaya, at least it will sparkle more, if you like peachy brownish stones.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
I don't like peachy stones that much, and morganite, like most beryls to me, are dull and meh when a very pale pastel. I rather have a malaya, at least it will sparkle more, if you like peachy brownish stones.

tl...do you think that the morganite is going to be closer in color to a champagne diamond?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, but if you want a champagne diamond substitute, go for a malaya. Many have the color of pink champagnes, and sparkle like mad.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taylorbug! said:
tourmaline_lover said:

tl..it is actually a tourmaline. I also like this morganite. What do you think of this one?

ETA: I like the color of the diamond in this photo...and would love something similar that I could actually afford! :naughty:

GET A MALAYA!!!! OMG, I have a malaya that is a brownish pink like that diamond. A morganite also gets dirty if you look at it. It won't sparkle unless you clean it night and day, and it has a large tilt window due to the low RI.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
Taylorbug! said:
tourmaline_lover said:

GET A MALAYA!!!! OMG, I have a malaya that is a brownish pink like that diamond. A morganite also gets dirty if you look at it. It won't sparkle unless you clean it night and day, and it has a large tilt window due to the low RI.

ok...you've convinced me...so now will you help me find one? Please! I need round 9.25 to 9.75mm....where do i look for this? :appl: :appl: :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taylorbug! said:
tourmaline_lover said:
Taylorbug! said:
tourmaline_lover said:

ok...you've convinced me...so now will you help me find one? Please! I need round 9.25 to 9.75mm....where do i look for this? :appl: :appl: :appl:

Well this one would be perfect if it was the right size. Ask Tan to cut you one like this in those dimensions.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...916774&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2412wt_917

Gene or Barry might have something too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, I love the one you found on Ebay!

Taylorbug, I do like the color of that tourmaline.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results