shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Homer sapphire & diamond ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
Without question, this is the "crown jewel" of my colored gemstone beauties ... a 1.87 Burmese blue sapphire cut masterfully by Richard Homer. It is set between two .5 ct VS1 diamonds sourced by him and nestled atop a 14 kt white gold mounting with another .8 ct of melee.

This is my second Homer piece .. the first is a fabulous rubellite (posted here months ago) that I also had mounted in a ring.

Sapphire1.jpg

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
My diggie camera batteries are re-charging .. my hope is to post clearer pix from different angles shortly !

Sapphire2.jpg

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
wow, that's georgeous! is the ring assymetrical, or is that just shadow?

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
The shank is designed to fit in the cavern of the hand so that it doesn't turn because of the stone weight. At first glance, the shank looks warped .. but actually it's part of its functional design.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
sorry, didn't mean to be implying I thought that -- it's clearly a designed-in portion of the ring, I just couldn't figure out what it was. how clever! does it work well?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stunning Ring Blue Eyes...Congrats!
21.gif

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
Here's a side view of the ring which shows the design of the shank noted above. The metal squares off on the under side of the shank to allow the ring to nestle in the cavern of the hand/knuckle. It works great in terms of the ring fitting flush against the skin.

sapphireside3.jpg

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
Another pic

Sapphireside2.jpg

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I love the look of Richard Homer's stones in photos. I have never seen a photo of one set. It is really pretty.
lickout.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
What a unique shank! I've never seen anything like it. I barely feel my ring and it doesn't seem to spin (does the size of the stone impact that a lot?), but I like the idea of going for a comfortable setting--especially one so lovely!

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all for the feedback on the ring ! Half the fun of getting new stuff is the joy of sharing it with people that truly have a passion for gemstones!

I'm a lucky girl at the moment as 2 ring projects came together at once... the sapphire ring and an anny band (thread in Show me the Ring). My husband to be has a modest appreciation for jewelry; it's gotten to the point where I kind of HIDE the new stuff and bring it out over time hoping that he doesn't notice!
naughty.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That ring is incredible, who is the artist? What a great way to use one of Richard's fantastic stones.

Wink

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
The setting was made by a local Chicago jeweler based on a photo of 3 stone ring set with EC diamonds that I provided as inspiration. I can't remember who the original artist was ... I love Mege but I don't think it was one of his ... hmmmm. It may come to me later !

happy_girl

Rough_Rock
What a very nice ring...and I love the blue sapphire!

If you don't mind I'm asking...do you know what is the exact hue/tone of the sapphire ? Is it medium dark/dark...with strong saturation ?

I'm asking just because I am also looking to buy sapphire as my side stones...and it's really hard to get a very nice quality ones, but the price is still reasonable.

Thanks a lot!

coldfusion

Rough_Rock
Awesome ring, great colored stone, and love the design on the band to prevent turning!

Homer stones should come with a warning label about addiction....

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! I will tell him you said that, it will make his day!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
P.S. Blue eyes, you are commended to be working with a local jeweler for a custom design like that. It is so much easier to do in person for something one of a kind. My compliments to him for doing such a great job!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Blue Eyes

Congratulations on the recent Homer purchases!
4.gif
Any chance of seeing some of the other stones you mentioned in previous posts? His work is gorgeous and really unique!

It's amazing to see the difference between a native cut and something a little more mathmatical. I also like some of the stones over at faceters.com, but don't know if anyone else on PS has bought from him? If you have then pictures please!!
naughty.gif

top rubellite nigerian cut to nigerian cushion by jeff graham.jpg

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
Here's the rubellite ring from Homer -- the stone is an Antique Cushion Concave Brilliant .. more than 6 cts

I initally contacted Richard via his web site and told him the color, size and weight of stone that I was looking for. He replied with the details on the manner in which he likes to do business.

Once I picked out the stone, I took it to my local jeweler with a photo of the type of setting that I wanted and the rest is history!

tNew handHand Small Web view.jpg

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
another photo

Newrubellite Small Web view.jpg

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
last one

Newrubellite1 Small Web view.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results