shape
carat
color
clarity

My holy grail violet sapphire from Gene

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, as some may remember from a different thread of mine, involving a violet sapphire from NSC...this hunt has gone on for a while. I scratched the itch with the NSC ring, and still love that ring, but even put the caveat in that thread that should a larger, precision cut one come along...Last year, in Tucson, Gene had emailed me about this sapphire that he found, that needed a recut, but he thought was the colour I had been looking for. It looked a little darker than ideal for me, and was way over budget, so I put it out of my head. Then I saw the picture of the finished stone. It had brightened up, was cut in one of my favourite cuts, and was less than he had originally quoted (perhaps because of the growth tube running through it, which I actually think is kind of cool, and is barely noticeable anyway). Still my most expensive CS, but I couldn't have found a more perfect stone for me. Shifts between purplish blue and bluish purple, huge (6.2 cts, 9.7 mm), and precision cut. AGL certed as unheated. I'll start with Gene's pics...

Oh, and I have no idea how I'll set it yet. I've been keeping an eye on the rubellite-setting thread for ideas, but the reality is, it might be a while. In my fantasy, it's set in JbG's Minnia setting!

img_6244.jpg

img_0245.jpg

img_6245.jpg

img_6246.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With some pink iPhone case reflections in a couple of shots...

img_0707.jpg

img_6247.jpg

img_6248.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking more pinkish purple, in indoor lighting.

_25059.jpg

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
What an awesome hue in the stone, I really like the subtle color shift in it!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
NKOTB It looks beautiful on your hand and what a serendipitous story. Look forward to seeing the ring.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on this beauty........my first reaction was that the color is UNREAL! Simply Gorgeous! :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a honker! It's beautiful, can't wait to see your setting plans.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
:shock:

Beautiful sapphire collection !!! so many different colors!!! :D

And only one stone - so not expensive - quite cheap!

I am a bit jealous.....

S

SparkliesLuver

What a gorgeous stone and neat story, NKOTB. :) I'm so happy it worked out for you! I also wondered who took that beauty home. :naughty: Can't wait to see how you set it and what the finished ring looks like. :)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, all! It certainly does have some different personalities, that's for sure! I like the idea of multiple stones in one. :)

HotPozzum, this stone was posted in the Somebody's Gotta Buy This thread. I figured, that Somebody's Gotta be me! That's a very cool setting you posted. I'm definitely leaning away from halo, and towards something relatively simple, as you suggest.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful! Congrats on getting your HG stone as I know you've been looking for many years now.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1418223635|3798801 said:
It's so beautiful! Congrats on getting your HG stone as I know you've been looking for many years now.
Thanks, She Who Started It All. ;))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blends into the background inconspicuously... :whistle:

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
I don't comment very often, but this is one beautiful sapphire! Love the color and fantastic cut to showcase it. Congrats on owning such a beauty.

Kroshka

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono - LOL! I assume you're not wearing any of your rocks on your fingers. Pretty hard to blend in anywhere with those! :lol:

Kroshka - thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love it! The colors are amazing and the cut is gorgeous. I can see why this is your HG stone. :love: Enjoy in health and happiness and I am looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous dreamstone with all these personalities. Such a great addition to your collection.
I have so admired this stone. What a beauty!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The color is so beautiful. Can't wait to see it set.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Officially, I am jealous. Unofficially, I am jealous. :bigsmile:

WOW! Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy to see this sapphire again, and can't wait to see what you do with it. It's sort of silly, when I see beautiful things I can't get, I keep hoping people here will get them so I can see them again, it's like they're "in the family" that way.

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
I'm DYING!!!! It's amaaaaazing!!! I'm SO SO SO happy for you!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love:
I think your setting plan is purrrfect :naughty:

eta: Full disclosure: If you happen to have Leon set it in a three-stone with diamond pears... be prepared to find me on your doorstep every morning wanting to pet it.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Swoon!!!!!!!!!! :love:

When that one showed up on Gene's site, I literally had butterflies in my stomach it was such a beauty! So glad we get to see it's journey to a finished piece. Congrats!!!!! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful. You did it, you really did it. Yes, Virginia, there really IS a Holy Grail! :appl:

Perfect color - I'm pretty sure its my favorite purple/violet of all time. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results