shape
carat
color
clarity

My "emerald" ring returned

NaomiCRBrown

Rough_Rock
Hi all, many thanks for all your help, I eventually got my ring back after ten weeks. They've said it is glass but due to the setting, they'd insurevit for £1000. It doesn't look exactly the same, but as I have no specific photos of all the chips and scratched areas etc, I have to trust them. I've attached a few photos of it

imag0533.jpg

_24396.jpg

imag0535.jpg

imag0536.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I hope you are not too disappointed, The ring looks lovely anyway. So wear it, and enjoy it.

Annette

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad your ring finally made its way back to you. Do you know whether it was unset for testing, hence the reason why it looks a little different? Does the cut pattern and measurement look to be the same though?

NaomiCRBrown

Rough_Rock
They told me nothing except that they didn't make any profit on this and the charge was for the work done in valuing it. I can now completely see through the stone which they said was due to cleaning. One scratch and chip look the same but it just doesn't "feel" like my ring. Such is life, it so close to it that I will now wear more often as its only glass. If it was glass surly it wouldn't take 10 weeks to figure that out. C'est la vie!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True about taking 10 weeks to determine it is glass. :confused: But yes, I've had jewellery passed down to me so gunked up that they look lifeless. I've spent up to several days soaking and scrubbing the underside of stones just to make them come alive again. My relatives are obviously not gem enthusiasts. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results