shape
carat
color
clarity

Morganite Help Please!

sewbambisew

Rough_Rock
My partner and I are pre-engaged until my ring has finished being made, and I chose morganite as the centre stone as I fell in love with the colour I was seeing everywhere. Now I know all about the risks with morganite, but I am very delicate with my hands and this will not be a life long stone for me as I change my tastes quite often and my partners aware that I will one day like to change to the stone but for right now its what I want.

The seller I am buying it off is lovely, but I dont want to hassle them more so with my usual panic while they are busy, so I was hoping people on here can help me! Now this is the listing and the colour I fell in love with, I adore the peachy pinkness of it and its why I fell in love with it https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/118828863/14k-rose-gold-cushion-cut-morganite?ref=favs_view_13

But then the seller posted a video of the same ring that they have made for someone else but set in white gold but the morganite looks an odd colour to me? Is this because of the cut or that particular morganite used? I have asked them to use the pinkest morganite they had in stock... http://instagram.com/p/hKZ_fIoTS3/

I just dont know what to expect now.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey! I would report concern and nice this to colored stone sub forum :)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto to asking the moderators to move this to the Colored Stone forum - but meanwhile, I think the stone in the video is reflecting the sky above and possibly the color of the clothing worn by the videographer... Morganite comes in pink-to-peach tones but like most gemstones will reflect the colors in the environment and may appear different in color based on lighting conditions. I do think that etsy vendor is reputable, and really you should feel comfortable taking your concerns as to color and cut and gold metal directly to them. You should receive photographs of your completed ring prior to final payment and shipping, and you may also wish to ask for a pic taken outdoors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results