shape
carat
color
clarity

Mmmm...umbalite!!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock

I just received an umbalite garnet from Barry and it''s yummy! It''s 1.95 cts, 7.5mm..

This thing is so hard to photograph! Barry described it as having a "bright medium, slightly lavender, pink color" but I think it''s more than slightly lavender.. it''s so bright and colorful but as you can see, I can only get purple in the pictures.. which is ok with me since it''s my favorite color!

Here is Barry''s picture first...

kjfrij14930.jpg

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock

kjdheduqe.jpg

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
The darker side...

fewnfu28f.jpg

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Bright!!

2wy28ehekdj.jpg

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Last but not least.. This one is probably the closest to what I see in the light in my house and outside in the sun. I can''t stop staring.. it''s so sparkly and bright..
30.gif
Thanks for looking!!

3eu309iu097.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!
I was eyeing Barry''s website the other day and I suspect this is the umbalite that I liked most and that was marked as "sold"...

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I love Barry''s cutting.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! i love barry''s cutting!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone and great color.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Seems like a nice color-shifter!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 11:06:56 PM
Author: crasru
Beautiful!
I was eyeing Barry''s website the other day and I suspect this is the umbalite that I liked most and that was marked as ''sold''...
Sorry crasru! This is the first one of his garnets I''ve seen that hasn''t had "red" in the description or some version of it.. I just had to see what it looked like in person! I just wish I could photograph all of the colors and brightness as I see it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a wonderful color! I can''t decide if I like it better in the first pic or in yours... they''re both really nice!
how are you planning to set that?

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2010 8:20:47 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
what a wonderful color! I can''t decide if I like it better in the first pic or in yours... they''re both really nice!
how are you planning to set that?

I agree.. I think Barry''s pic is true to life though! His is probably more like what I see in most lighting. I plan on setting it in a ring as a graduation present to myself but I''m not sure about which setting I want. I have never really been a round stone fan but I loved the color too much to pass it up! Any setting suggestions are welcome!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
fantastic color - what a great present to yourself! Congrats on your graduation, too!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new umbalite is pretty; I hope to see it set soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results