shape
carat
color
clarity

Lips!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Who ever thought of that cut?! If you could close the window, that would make a hilarious brooch, conversation starter.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the window gives the illusion of the lips being slightly parted so I would leave it as is. It's definitely not a stone just for anyone but someone who is very confident in wearing a whimsical piece.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's had a few of these! I think there was a Tsavorite one and perhaps a colour change Garnet! It's clearly what happens when a marquise goes wrong! :lol:

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think these are so bizarre...and ugly! Who thought it was a good idea to have lip-shaped gems?! :???:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's the same when a pear cut goes wrong and the lapidary ends up with a heart shaped stone. Still, that's better than a marquise turned into lips. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great VD gift for tomorrow. :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1360778837|3379227 said:
Ummm....I don't about that. The giver might find himself getting frowns and odd looks from the recipient.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1360779790|3379245 said:
kenny|1360778837|3379227 said:
Ummm....I don't about that. The giver might find himself getting frowns and odd looks from the recipient.

Followed by divorce papers!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its funny, because I too have seen others like this from Tan and always wondered if people buy them. But the reality in this one is that its so small it might be hard to see the shape unless you were looking incredibly close.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
My youngest daughter likes this stone. I had it pulled up and she was all, "ooooh, mommy, so pretty!" :love:

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
I caved & got the lips for my daughter. I was feeling all Valentiney. Ha ha ha. Will post a photo of them IRL when they arrive.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and BTW, she is almost 9 yrs old. This stone is perfect for her. Sorry to all who loved it for the snag. :lol:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It couldn't have gone to a better home.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
vickygigi|1360845798|3379883 said:
I caved & got the lips for my daughter. I was feeling all Valentiney. Ha ha ha. Will post a photo of them IRL when they arrive.
Haha! I was wondering who got it! Post pics please!!

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Will do. And thanks so much Jax for posting it...... You made my little girl really happy and it didn't hurt my wallet too much! :lol:

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Are you going to set it for her? I think it would make a pretty cool pendant for a young girl - bezel set and put on a chain sideways - very 80's (which I'm seeing a lot of trends in the stores lately).

:)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vickygigi|1360845798|3379883 said:
Awww.
How cool! :appl:

Please post pics when you get it.

NatalieC

Rough_Rock
They would look fantastic set as a pendant for your daughter - I hope she loves them :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's perfect pendant for a girl. A bezel will really set off the shape. Do we have a future PSer on our hands?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that's a fun stone! Your daughter will love it and its just a perfect "fun" stone to simply appreciate it for what it is!

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys! Yes, we definitely have a future PSer on our hands. Two of them actually!!! I had gotten myself a beautiful sunstone recently and it was snaked out from under me by my daughters. I get my ER reset back today (YAY!!!) and my daughters each have a stone they'll get back today set in rings (sunstone & a beautiful bronze/pinky/coppery tourmaline). All of us girls are over the moon today! I can't say no to their enthusiasm when they see something they love because I totally relate!!! They have particular taste so it is easy to tell when they find something they really really want. My oldest Victoria is almost 11 yrs and my baby, Georgia will be 9 yrs in 2 weeks. Georgia is the one who got the lips. I will definitely set it for her, but I don't know how yet. Like me, they love rings and they take good care of them. Even small stones give their tiny fingers good coverage so maybe a bezel ring??? I'll let her decide. I'll post photos when it comes and once set. Thanks again all!!! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vicky, I love that you bought it for your daughter! :appl: I think it's very cool and funky - you're a nice mom! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you should start a lips collection and buy some of his others in different colors! :naughty: :naughty:

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1360943100|3380798 said:
Vicky, I love that you bought it for your daughter! :appl: I think it's very cool and funky - you're a nice mom! :appl:

Thanks Hun! Every girl needs some bling bling - even the little ones. Since my girls have shown they are responsible with jewelry (they keep nice pieces in my jewelry box after wearing it), I don't mind buying them pieces they can possibly pass down. I suspect these lips will be in our family for a long time. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results