shape
carat
color
clarity

Light Pink Stone Hunt!

GingerKaBluey

Rough_Rock
Hi all! :wavey: Bright Ice's Pad Sapphire halo ring has really made me get the itch to find a beautiful light pink stone of my own for a halo. Unfortunately, Pad's are not in my price range. However, I would love help trying to find an elongated cushion or a well cut oval in a light pink stone. I am looking for something around 3ct-ish and under 1k. This would just be an occasional ring, so hardness isn't a huge factor to me. I am thinking light pink/blushy pink/light peachy sapphire or tourmaline? Is there some other gems I should consider? Pink is my absolutely favorite color so any help would be really appreciated! Thanks! :bigsmile:

thbmok

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps morganites and spinels as well? I don't think a good 3 ct sapphire can be found for under 1k.

GingerKaBluey

Rough_Rock
Yes, I definitely open to those gems as well. :) I am mostly concerned with getting the right shade of pink with the right saturation, as well as good cut/clarity. I figure sparkle factor will also be affected by how good the cut is also.

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ginger,
I don't see anything on the bistro at the moment that'd fit your bill, but there have been quite a few nice and inexpensive light pink stones coming up. Are you looking for a really pale and delicate colour, or a little more pop?

GingerKaBluey

Rough_Rock
I am looking for something close to Bright Ice's color to a more slightly peachy color. So baby pink/blushy pink. I don't want any purple or magenta or hot pink. I have a hard time finding stones with this shade that are also saturated and are nice stones. Something really feminine. :) I will keep my eye out on the DB but am hoping to find more places to look as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are not likely to get this in a sapphire. Tourmalines can end up a bit blah when it is this light in tone. I would suggest either morganite or possibly even spinel. I'm not sure if I've seen any nice light pink garnets lately.

GingerKaBluey

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help everyone. I will keep my eye out for something. I am not in a hurry or anything because I want it to be the right stone. If anyone sees something that you think I would love, please do feel free to send me a message about it! :)

bobsiv

Rough_Rock
Trade
I vote for morganite too, especially with a precision cut and polish they can be really nice, much more sparkle than you would expect given the low refractive index. Durable and easy to find in your price range also.

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Ginger, have you spoken to any of the custom cutters? There are a couple recommended in the sticky and several more good ones out there. They'd be the best cuts you'll ever see, and I know several are very happy to work with you on colour until you get exactly what you're looking for. If you've got a very particular colour in mind, I'd probably pick someone like Jordan Wilkins who can spend a bit more time with you....

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Probably not a good suggestion, but I LOVE kunzite. I find it to be the prettiest light pink stone around. Too bad it has some serious faults like the fact it will probably end up going absolute colorless and being soft :( BUT DANG it's a great pink and affordable to boot!

Second more feasible suggestion is spinel. Last choice would be morganite...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Davi,
I've been often tempted by rich lavender kunzite until I come to my senses remembering I can only enjoy it at night. Phew! Just saved my wallet again. :bigsmile:

GingerKaBluey

Rough_Rock
I have an update! :) I contacted Jordan Wilkins about cutting some morganite for me. He ordered this gorgeous baby pink rough and I asked him to do a similar elongated cushion to this Jeff White e-cushion. I have a feeling it is going to beautiful! It should be done in 2-4 weeks after he gets the rough in. I will share it once it is done. I plan to set it in a diamond halo ring. What do you think of the cut?

photo__12_.jpg

tml081.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cut design is fine as long as he thinks it will complement the rough. I always leave the design up to the lapidary because he or she knows what is best for that particular rough.

GingerKaBluey

Rough_Rock
He didn't say it wouldn't so I am guessing he thinks so? haha I am WAY too picky to let someone else pick the cut for me. Maybe if I was a colored gem collector I could see doing something like that, but I am not, so I want it to look a certain way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results