shape
carat
color
clarity

i got a message from gary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gary Braun sent me a message - he finished cutting the sapphire. I just started the thread; waiting for merchant''s pictures.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!!! Did he cut it onto a round or a precision oval? Either way it's going to be a beauty!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow! Can''t wait to see pics of it!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
WooHoo!

We''ll keep you company while you''re waiting...how long could it possibly take, anyways, it''s just a pic!

F5 F5 F5 F5!!!

LS

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yuminmytum.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s awfully mean of him to tell you it''s all finished, and not send a single photo! :razz:

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I was led here under false pretenses!
3.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK let me try... this is Gary's picture before recut

CeylonSapphire600.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a blowup. He warned me about silk inclusions which do not bother me at all.

He said that the weight loss after recut was only 27%. Had it been round, the weight loss would have been closer to 50%.

The package should arrive on Tuesday. It is probably going to be Tuesday evenings, so I shall be able to post pictures on Wedlesday. Hopefully.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
WOW! The color looks richer and it''s so beautiful. Congrats crasru
36.gif
looking forward to loads of RL pics

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great after the recut. I can’t wait to hear your opinion on it when you receive it tomorrow.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a stunner for sure! Lovely colour! I can''t wait for you to get it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow! very nice!!!
36.gif

-A

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the colour! You must be very excited!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the stone.

It looks great, and the color is fantastic. It is getting darker so I shall take photos tomorrow morning and this evening. I absolutely love it. Like any oval, it has some areas of extinction but they do not interfere with the overal impression because the color is so rich blue and velvety. I am very happy with it.

Here comes my OCD: it is so nice, I start asking myself, is it really unheated? Not Be-treated? It is too beautiful, something must be wrong with it. It has no grey mask, why is it so? Suspicious... Oh, what do I have to tell myself to calm me down? You know my idiosyncrasy towards heated stones, I don't know what to do... I shall post it, can someone calm me down, please?

Good that it has inclusions (they are not eye-visible). Color-wise it looks close to what MakingTheGrade's one looks in her photograph. I do not know how hers looks IRL so I can compare only with the photograph. I have not yet looked at it in the evening to see if it shifts to violet or not but so far it is great!

And it looks very much like the one in Gary's photo.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
It''s totally freaking fantastic! I had my eye on that too and was sad when it stopped being available but now i see that good things have come from it and will continue. You are soo lucky! push those evil thoughts away. even in the description online Gary gave more information about the provenance of that fabulous stone than you could ever hope to get at Christie''s. He acquired it about as early in the chain of custody as one possibly could. Im sure he examined it carefully and it was good enough for him. Get a cert at GIA for what $150? but most of all enjoy that amazing stone and all the jealous jaw-droppings!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! Turned out perfect.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2010 3:05:49 AM
Author: crasru
OK let me try... this is Gary''s picture before recut

the original shape does not seem to have a window
is there a reason you went for a recut?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For such a lovely unheated blue sapphire, it might be nice to spend a little $ for a GIA or AGL cert, not because you don''t trust Gary, but as something to prove to yourself.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Love the color.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 10:16:51 PM
Author: Chrono
For such a lovely unheated blue sapphire, it might be nice to spend a little $ for a GIA or AGL cert, not because you don''t trust Gary, but as something to prove to yourself.

+1

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK my pics did not work well today but I hope I captured the color and the brilliance

garyblue111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to make light more diffuse but it ended up on the darker side. All of these photos done in the evening, of course.

garyblue333.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results