shape
carat
color
clarity

How to select tourmaline stones?

Joolz

Rough_Rock
I have been eyeing a tourmaline ring on Etsy, but I don’t have any idea as to how to identify the quality of the stone. Does anyone have any input/opinion on this ring? Thanks!!

tourmaline.jpg

w amethyst.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joolz|1320151060|3051595 said:
I have been eyeing a tourmaline ring on Etsy, but I don’t have any idea as to how to identify the quality of the stone. Does anyone have any input/opinion on this ring? Thanks!!

It's a very common color for tourmaline, olive green. Are you looking for olive green stones? I like the gold work much better than the stone, but I'm not a fan of olive green. I prefer rich chrome or emerald greens.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I like the goldwork too, but from that pic, at least, not crazy about the stone. It's hard to tell from one photo, but it doesn't look well saturated, & could have a window.

For various colors of tourm, Ed Bristol has a good selection, just to get ideas of what you like. His stones tend to be pricey but there's a good selection for viewing. http://www.wildfishgems.com/green_tourmaline?b=1

Joolz

Rough_Rock
Wow, he does have an excellent selection! I like the ivy green stones. Any other suggestions where to look for these?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a pretty easy stone to find - you can find them all over ebay fairly inexpensively. Try Gemburionline, Odysseygem, and vvs1gem. These stores are all owned by someone named Tan who is well regarded here.

There are also others that you may consider. Look at their feedback scores and check out toolhaus.org as well. If you find one from another seller you like, you can try searching the name here and see what pops up. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results