shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s Olive, my 3.17 gray green diamond in her new home!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce Olive, my 3.17 gray green diamond in her new home! After months and months of searching for the perfect setting, it''s finally here. It''s in an LOGR Lotus with 6 prongs. I am in love with the head. Iit''s such a beautiful shape, it reminds me of a flower!
face23.gif

Eventually, I will upgrade the white metal to platinum (since my wedding band is platinum), but I am very happy with it so far.

And just a heads up, the pics don''t do any justice to the true color of the stone. It''s so hard to capture the fire and greenish hue. Gah!

14.gif

Center Stone:
Weight: 3.17
Clarity: SI1
Color: gray green
Dimensions: 9.21 mm

Setting:
Shank: 18K white gold
Head: 18K rose gold
Diamonds: .38 H VS

ETA: I posted more pics in the STMR if you want to take a looksie: Here''s Olive, my 3.17 gray green diamond in her new home!

lyngg1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful PR. You did such an excellent job with the setting.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the picture in this thread does not do the stone or the setting justice. i hope everyone takes advantage of the link provided and checks out the other photos.

mz

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice job PR! Now you do realise I NEED TO SEE HANDSHOTS don''t you?
9.gif
I''m off to have a look at the thread in SMTR and you''re in trouble if there aren''t any in there
26.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo it''s so pretty! I looked in the other thread too so I didn''t miss anything!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 1:35:32 PM
Author: packrat
Ooo it''s so pretty! I looked in the other thread too so I didn''t miss anything!
me too!! it''s amazing. i love the setting and now must have one. your stone is so completely unique, though, and the rose gold looks amazing with it.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, it''s gorgeous, I really love the profile too! I hope you''ll post handshots :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and a very nice setting, too!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
TL, thank you! It was Sybil that inspired me to go with a rose gold head. Seriously, it''s like a diamond color make-over! The rose gold tones down the gray and really enhances the green, to the point where it looks intense/vivid in some lighting. It''s crazy!

MZ, thank you! I''m actually in the process of getting a spess and I hope it will look as gorgeous as yours in person. I will also be setting it in a yellow gold head to enhance the orange color even more. Your ring is magnificent!

LD, thank you! Remember that rose gold vs. white gold debate you and TL had before? Well, I listened to you both and got the best of both worlds. They really do make a nice contrast when done with the right proportions. And yes maam, I will be posting handshots when I get more outside pics.
3.gif

Packrat thanks for the kind words and for looking in the other thread!

Enbcfsobe, thank you! Yingh was the first person that created a thread about this LOGR setting, and I fell in love when I saw her pink tourmaline in it. What sold me was the shape of the head and the surprise diamonds on the prongs!
30.gif
Have you thought about what kind of stone you would like in this setting?

Burberrygirl, thank you! This is the first time I''ve ever "fallen in love" with a setting when I received it in person. I have fallen in love with diamonds before, but never with a setting. It''s a really nice feeling.
1.gif
I''ll try to post handshots soon!

Crasru, Blithesome and Virgoruby, thank you! I know rose gold is not everyone''s taste, but if used properly, it can really enhance the green color of a stone and make a nice contrast with white metal. It''s like it magically made my stone look greener. And I love how rich and warm rose gold is!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Fluoro!
3.gif

lyngg223.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
good lord..that sucker is a whopper..large and in charge..well done PR....just a little jealous here...
21.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
that 4th pic down in the link is actually really good..nice job

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
oooh! I would have to agree, the profile definitely looks like a flower- so pretty!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2010 12:28:38 PM
Author: platinumrock
Fluoro!
3.gif
That''s very similar to the fluor on my green grey diamond, like an orangey yellow.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the fluoro, as always, and ever since I saw TL’s greenie is rose, I think rose can do wonders for certain colours and yours is no exception.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
AG, thank you! I don''t exactly have tiny and dainty hands, so my stones need to be in proportion.
9.gif
No need to be jealous, just be relieved that you''re not my husband.
27.gif

Kas Baby, thank you! I''m glad you like the flower shaped head too.

TL, don''t you just love colored diamonds and fluoro? You should take a fluoro family photo of all of your colored diamonds and see what colors they glow.
31.gif

Chrono, thank you! Rose gold definitely tones down the gray and brings out the green.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results