shape
carat
color
clarity

Handshots JKT + Gene

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Tried several times last night to upload hand shots but no luck. I see the text regarding that this morning. Will give it a shot now.

Going to upload hand shots of Bob''s ring from JKT and Gene and my lav spinel also from Gene and JKT!

bobhand1.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
''Nother hand shot.

I had a really hard time with my Nikon coolpix. I really worked every angle with it, had the manual out, etc. I would love it if you would share what cameras you all are using, there are some great pics on this site.

bobr3.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
The lav spinel is where my camera bagged out on me. I could not get shots of the basket or of the true color and scintillation and flash of that dynamite stone, sorry to say.

cris.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wanted to see if the stone color on the spinel changed here...

123.b.jpg

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Love the color of the stone and Gene''s cutting abilities as well JKT''s workmanship. As for picture taking I like yourself am lost on how to really capture the true beauty in a picture especially close up.

I plan on sending JKT my newly purchased stone from Gene once my wife and I decide on what type of pendant she would like.

Congrats on a nice ring!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Sal! Love your avatar stone, is that what you will be sending Julia to set?

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yes it is StonieGrl. Current thought was to have it rotated 45 degrees surrounded maybe with some goldwork. Nothing is set and our thought is to give her a basic concept and let her do her magic. The more I see of her work the more I am impressed.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring; with minor variations one could use it for a woman. Beautiful idea if one knows how to take care of gold-on-silver. Congratilations on your bezel, too. It is nice to know there is a good jeweler who can bezel stones of unusual form.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Both of those rings are lovely. I really like the color of your spinel and kudos to JKT for being able to bezel it.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Cind. The color of that spinel, that is one of the areas in which my camera really failed me. It is more of a lavender/blue-gray depending on the light. I just could not seem to get that right!

I need a new camera if I''m going to post pics here.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think both rings are lovely and I would enjoy seeing more photos of them. I am interested in how your Spinel looks from the side.

I too have a Nikon and I just take ALOT of photos to get one that shows how something looks IRL. I don''t think it''s the camera''s fault. I just don''t have the practice taking Micro shots that I do taking people shots. LOL

TFS!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results