shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem Shopping Network Screen Shots

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a love/hate relationship with the American Jewelry program, Gem Shopping Network. On one hand, they don't always disclose treatments, and do use deceptive practices, and I yell at the television. On the other hand, I love to watch, as I'm drawn into their designs, and they do feature some exotic gems, and some nice specimens. They have competitive retail pricing, and I've seen things that I feel are too expensive, and others that I think are a good deal (often the former than the latter). Therefore, I compiled these photographs of some of their better items, or interesting ones. There is one thing they have going for them, no shortage for bling. If you don't like showy, blingy pieces, then don't look.

First up a color change garnet. Not loving the stone, too dark, but for those interested, this is the color change they captured on the television. Remember these are photographs of my HD flat screen, not print screen shots.

GSNccgarnet1.JPG

GSNccgarnet2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some mandarin garnets.

GSNmandarin1.JPG

GSNmandarin2.JPG

GSNmandarin3.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would a television shopping channel be without tanzanite. Here's a very blingy ring.

GSNtanzanite1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This coral and yellow diamond ring was so enormous, it had two rings underneath it so that it was worn on two fingers.

GSNcoral1.JPG

GSNcoral2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Various spinels. I liked the violet oval the best, but the Mahenges were pretty, especially the smaller one. Not sure if they used special lighting, but it glowed. The bigger Mahenge they wanted around $40K for if I remember correctly.

GSNvioletspinel1.JPG

GSNvioletspinel2.JPG

GSNmahenge1.JPG

GSNmahanege1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Detail from some tsavorite earrings and the necklace it goes with (on the model). This was incredible.

GSNtsav1.JPG

GSNtsav2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These two necklaces were chock full of yellow and orange diamonds. They were literally encrusted with them. I saw the bottom one online somewhere (not on GSN), but they must have consigned it or something.

GSNyellowdiamondnecklaces1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A blue and padparadscha sapphire.

GSNsapphires1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most fantastic emerald I have ever seen on any shopping channel. It was from Tiffany & Co.

GSNemeraldtiffany.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have tons of opals too, but I thought this opal bead necklace was cool.

GSNopals1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A rubellite ring. No mention of any treatment or color shift.

GSNrubellite1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very very large jeremejevite. It kind of reminded me of a pale aquamarine, but it was interesting to see.

GSNjerem1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An enormous cuprian ring. I think they wanted $12K for this, which I thought was a good deal. Obviously not as glowy or neon as a Brazilian gem, but it was nice.

GSNcuprian1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very nice little ruby with a GIA report indicating no heat treatment. I really loved this ring.

GSNruby1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some purple sapphires. The one in the pendant was rather dark and grey, but the one in the ring was prettier. I did like the pendant design and the cutting on the dark one though.

GSNpurplesapphire1.JPG

GSNpurplesapphire2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A huge light yellow diamond. It wasn't fancy yellow, or the price would have been much higher. However, I thought it was a good deal.

GSNyellowdiamond1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A large fancy yellow diamond ring.

GSNfancyyellow.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This spinel ring had a huge window and looked like an ugly garnet. Nice setting though, way too nice for the middle stone.

GSNuglyspinel.JPG

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, TL, this is great - you basically have distilled down a bunch of shows to the best of the best - keep it up and I won't ever have to watch all that dreck just to get to the amazing ones. I love their spinels. I love those opal beads. And every time they show one of those encrusted necklaces (I've seen the orange/yellow diamond choker :love: :love: ), I think its a good thing that I don't wear that type of jewelry...

My pet peeve? (oh, where do I start?!!) That they call pink sapphires "padparadscha."

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love their Mandarins (now these are Mandarins!) but they are expensive...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a tourmaline that is much much much much nicer in color than this ugly black thing, but I was afraid to set it in a ring. It's basically the same length as this stone. The thing I like about GSN is that I do get a lot of ideas for my own stones. I guess it's wearable.

GSNuglytourmaline.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1297028227|2845072 said:
I love their Mandarins (now these are Mandarins!) but they are expensive...

They have some affordable ones, but the huge ones in the blingy settings are a bit more, especially if they're very clean. They do have some really nice mandarins, I have to give them that.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1297028189|2845070 said:
Wow, TL, this is great - you basically have distilled down a bunch of shows to the best of the best - keep it up and I won't ever have to watch all that dreck just to get to the amazing ones. I love their spinels. I love those opal beads. And every time they show one of those encrusted necklaces (I've seen the orange/yellow diamond choker :love: :love: ), I think its a good thing that I don't wear that type of jewelry...

My pet peeve? (oh, where do I start?!!) That they call pink sapphires "padparadscha."

I tivo the shows, and just use my fast forward button. :naughty: :twisted: :mrgreen:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This screen shot was from an old television we just got rid of so it is very poor quality in the photo (sorry), but it was the most amazing neon chrysoberyl, and enormous. When I saw it, I had to grab the camera!! :love: It was around $8K if I remember correctly.

GSNneonchrysoberyl2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pink and white diamond pendant. This one guy, Mark, comes from Australia with Argyle certified pink diamonds that are much larger, but I don't have those shows on tivo anymore. :(( He also brings lots of black and crystal opals too.

GSNpinkdiamondpendant.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was going to be my next question - did you Tivo that show you and I both saw that had the stone for Kenny? That magenta pink diamond?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1297029334|2845098 said:
That was going to be my next question - did you Tivo that show you and I both saw that had the stone for Kenny? That magenta pink diamond?

I did, but I can't find it anymore. My Tivo must have auto-deleted it. :blackeye:

That was probably one of the best deals I've ever seen on GSN.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as I don’t look at the price and treatment disclosure (and hear their yapping), I don’t mind looking at the screen grabs at all. Thanks, TL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results