shape
carat
color
clarity

Garnets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarah95

Shiny_Rock
Is it preferable for a garnet to be lighter red in color or darker red?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 10:02:44 AM
Author:sarah95
Gemstones in general should not be overly dark as to where they look blackish (extinct).

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That''s really up to the individual. I prefer darker red over lighter red but not so dark that all you see is black with a few red flashes. They come in all kinds of colors, except for the very rare blue, I believe.

sarah95

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''m just getting into garnets and learning about them. :)

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Thats cool..learning about garnets can be fun and frustrating..things tend to blend together if you know what I mean:)..great stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garnets come in a variety of colours but for the reds, I prefer something not too brown and not too dark.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
As with any gem, the most vibrant colors are considered to be the most valuable, but it should all come down to personal preference. So if you like really the dark ones go for those, but make sure you''ve been asked a fair price.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Which do you prefer? Light red or dark red? It''s purely a matter of personal taste. The market sets prices: popular colors are more expensive (supply and demand). Individuals set their own personal style and color preferences. Don''t let others dictate to you what you should like!

That said, darker garnet hues are usually less expensive (less popular) although that''s not a hard and fast rule. Garnet gems have many visual elements due to their extremely complex and varied chemical makeup. Some dark red garnets can have amazing flashes of bright color from within their depths. Look at a lot of different stones and see which ones make your heart beat a little faster.

Richard M.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garnets are lovely and very sparkly. I tend to like the lighter ones but it is all a personal preference. Have fun shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results