shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun new stuff at The Gem trader :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
My favs are the cats eye tourmaline, the orange pink sapphire, the fire agate and the lavender spinel ( it would make a great ring).

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
He always has such fun stuff!

I'm lovely the blue spinel(even though I am not a huge oval fan) and the bi-color EC sapphire :)

I too like the color of the lavender spinel, just not the inclusions
7.gif
That pink/orange sapphire is HOT!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m happy that I didn''t find anything I had to have.
21.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
What''s the web site?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
This site is fun to review, as there are cool gems that I rarely find on other sites. The colbalt spinel is pretty, though not in the market for one of those. I think the cat's eye tourmaline is interesting and am wondering how strong the "eye" is and as a cab, I like the color. The violet spinel is interesting and I emailed Brad for more information. Apparently, someone else asked before I did, but he mentioned he has another similar, for which he would send me information on. My fear is that it will have too much gray, but sometimes gray can make the stone interesting.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
They do have some pretty gems on the site. The spinels were pretty.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The nicer gems are either reserved or SOLD! It is a kewl sight. Lots of gems I have never heard of!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could snag that bi-color EC sapphire - it''s gorgeous!

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Ooohhh... I wish that bi-color sapphire would fit the LOGR setting I just got (sigh). Somebody has to buy that beautiful thing!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
The color on that pink/orange sapphire is way impressive! I like the cobalt, too. Brad always has interesting stones!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Brad is one of my favourite vendors.

This time around, I loved the orange pink sapphire. The tugtupite would fit nicely in my phenomenal gems collection. And I crave a Munsteiner stone - the aqua would do nicely.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Brad''s website for the many unique gemstones that he carries. That cobalt is quite tempting as the tourmaline cat''s eye too. The orange pink sapphire is quite a looker and .....oh what the heck, I enjoy looking at all of them.
3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not see any orange pink sapphire or cobalt in his new inventory. Where are you finding these?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono,
I went there, but all I see is a pink-orange tourmaline, not a sapphire, and I don't see the cobalt spinel.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2009 10:11:32 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Thanks Chrono,
I went there, but all I see is a pink-orange tourmaline, not a sapphire, and I don''t see the cobalt spinel.
How weird... it works for me (and everyone else, it seems!) Can you try clearing your cookies?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2009 10:11:32 PM
Thanks Chrono,
I went there, but all I see is a pink-orange tourmaline, not a sapphire, and I don''t see the cobalt spinel.
TL, you are scaring me.
32.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t see those on the newest items page!!
32.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2009 11:17:49 PM
I don''t see those on the newest items page!!
32.gif
OMG, what DID you see?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s what I didn''t see, why is everyone seeing those on that page but me????
33.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2009 11:39:49 PM
Author: Cind11
That cobalt blue spinel is gorgeous!
That one doesn''t do much for me for some reason, and also notice how the tweezers are lighter in that pic than the vivid orange-pink sapphire. I bet that cobalt is darker in person.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Brad from the site sent me a picture of another lavender spinel that he has available. Specs are the same as the spinel on reserve, but I am going to pass on it. However, I just thought I would post, in case anyone else was interested.

Spinel2.27ct.omie.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
OK, I am torn...do you all think that the cobalt will be too dark if it is darker than the photos on the site??? Am told that it photographs well and is a tad darker IRL.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 4:22:40 PM
Author: stepcutnut
OK, I am torn...do you all think that the cobalt will be too dark if it is darker than the photos on the site??? Am told that it photographs well and is a tad darker IRL.

I think I would pass on it, personally. Darker would be too dark, IMO. Go for that sapphire instead
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results