carat
color
clarity

FCD Vendor?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
**edited by moderator, please read to end of thread for vendor responses**
There is a new and questionable 'vendor' of FCDs, Global Rare Diamonds, www.globalrarediamonds.com

My friend was emailed spam with this link about 'FCD Investing News' http://diamondinvestingnews.com/8681-global-rare-diamonds-launches-international-fancy-colour-diamond-boutique.html?utm_source=Resource+Investing+News&utm_campaign=19898a8ba2-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f83d87db0f-19898a8ba2-238336829

I took a quick look at their inventory and immediately recognized a 0.17 Violet Argyle round that is listed at Leibish.
Exact same pics too … Oh, and their price is 27% higher than Leibish after converting from British Pounds to US Dollars. :-o

Here are both listings:
https://www.globalrarediamonds...ty-argyle-round-cut/

http://www.leibish.com/blue-di...ound-vs1-71739-14043

She got spam from them touting FCDs as an investment ………. which they clearly are for them…… 27% in one transaction without being pestered with having to stock inventory?
Nice investment indeed. :roll:

screen_shot_2014-03-03_at_0.png

screen_shot_2014-03-03_at_2.png

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Re: PSA: FCD "Vendor" Alert

Wow..

I just checked a 0.50 carat red diamond on Leibish that the other website copied. Has the same flaw in the upper right part of the curve (heart-shaped).

Could these two companies be related to each other?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They list the same GIA report number & display the same PDF of the report for viewing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

txgreeneyes|1393887108|3626796 said:

Yes, they have the same GIA report # and all pics are identical but the price is lower at Leibish.

Like I said it's possible these other companies are authorized by Leibish to list and sell these.
I have emailed them and asked.

If Leibish is authorizing this, I wonder how this compares to the virtual inventory that so many vendors of D-Z diamonds use.
You can find different prices for the same diamonds in that market too.

This is a buyer beware thing.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The UK may impose import tariffs and/or VATs which might account for at least some of the price differential.

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock

I have seen similar situations many times before. There was a person on my cities Kijiji that would list some of Leibish's inventory with a significant increase in price.

I've often wondered if the original seller (like Leibish) really care or not? I assume what the seller (on kijiji) was doing was taking your money for the diamond and then buying it from Leibish and then shipping it to you and keeping the profit. I know they are using Leibish's photos, maybe without permission, but at the end of the day they are (probably) buying a diamond from Leibish.

Now if they are using the photos for purely fraudulent purposes, like keeping the money and not shipping the diamond then that would be a totally different situation.

globalrarediamonds1

Rough_Rock
Trade

I would like to point out that the prices are inclusive of UK duty taxes which are 20%. Where as other sellers do not apply simply because they are not UK based, If you was to buy from the other companies mentioned you would find that you are liable for the Duty when it arrives in the UK (20%) Making our prices very competitive.

So please before you start posting negative posts "Do Your Research"

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

globalrarediamonds1|1393933569|3627124 said:
I would like to point out that the prices are inclusive of UK duty taxes which are 20%. Where as other sellers do not apply simply because they are not UK based, If you was to buy from the other companies mentioned you would find that you are liable for the Duty when it arrives in the UK (20%) Making our prices very competitive.

From your username I assume you're a representative from Global Rare Diamonds, yes?

The user who made this thread was only trying to let people know about a potential scam, as there are many of those in the diamond business. No one is drawing conclusions or trying to discredit your company.

Kenny, please let us know how Leibish responds.

That is an incredible violet/blue diamond (with an incredibly high price) by the way.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock

globalrarediamonds1|1393933569|3627124 said:

Some questions:

1) Are these diamonds in your stock? Do you have these diamonds in your possession?
2) Are you using Leibish as a drop shipper?
3) Do you have permission to use Leibish's pictures?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

txgreeneyes|1393938311|3627143 said:
1) Are these diamonds in your stock? Do you have these diamonds in your possession?

Ditto the above. I am curious as to whether these diamonds are drop shipped and who actually owns/have the diamonds in hand.

globalrarediamonds1

Rough_Rock
Trade

Chrono|1393941007|3627159 said:

Ditto the above. I am curious as to whether these diamonds are drop shipped and who actually owns/have the diamonds in hand.

To answer your question yes we are an authorised seller for Leibish, in London UK, You can purchase though us Global Rare Diamonds or Leibish "and we aim to uphold the same excellent quality of service that is already provided by both Companies".

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for the clarification; many things makes sense now.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

globalrarediamonds1|1393941941|3627165 said:

To answer your question yes we are an authorised seller for Leibish, in London UK, You can purchase though us Global Rare Diamonds or Leibish "and we aim to uphold the same excellent quality of service that is already provided by both Companies".

Thank you for coming here to answer.
So if anyone outside UK buys online from you do you speak up and volunteer to subtract the VAT which is already factored into your published price?
If so you should state that right under your prices.

If not …. OMG why should anyone buy from you instead of paying much less at Leibish? … because they didn't surf around the Internet enough? :nono:

I'm in the USA.
If I bought an FCD from you would it be shipped from Leibish in Israel to you in London and then on to me in the USA?
Or would it ship directly from Israel to USA?
I realize different countries have different custom/duty/VAT policies but the Internet has shrunk the world when it comes to shopping.
Why should the government of the UK pocket 27% on a purchase from Israel to USA?

I realize all in love and business is fair but I really feel sorry if anyone outside UK is paying those prices.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock

Some years ago, I bought an FCD directly from a vendor, but noticed the same stone was listed on another vendor's website and it was listed for 20k+ more. Even though I bought the stone, that other vendor had the stone listed as available on their website for months after the fact. Definitely something buyers should research and ponder before buying.

Kroshka

globalrarediamonds1

Rough_Rock
Trade

kenny|1393954118|3627263 said:

So if anyone outside UK buys online from you do you speak up and volunteer to subtract the VAT which is already factored into your published price?

If not …. OMG why should anyone buy from you instead of paying much less at Leibish? … because they didn't surf around the Internet enough? :nono:

I'm in the USA.
If I bought an FCD from you would it be shipped from Leibish in Israel to you in London and then on to me in the USA?
I realize different countries have different custom/duty/VAT policies but the Internet has shrunk the world when it comes to shopping.
Why should the government of the UK pocket 27% on a purchase from Israel to USA?

I realize all in love and business is fair but I really feel sorry if anyone outside UK is paying those prices.

Kenny,

A very valid point you have made ......... ( we see your confusion) We have now "thanks to you" rectified something that could of been a bit confusing to people outside of the UK. Your comment has been taken on board, and now been put in to affect.

Thank you for your comments.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

globalrarediamonds1|1394032663|3627936 said:

I'm in the USA.

Kenny,

A very valid point you have made ......... ( we see your confusion) We have now "thanks to you" rectified something that could of been a bit confusing to people outside of the UK. Your comment has been taken on board, and now been put in to affect.

While I am impressed that you took action so quickly to mitigate the problem, I cannot believe that this is something that avoided notice by you until this point in time. Unless you have just commenced business, I wonder how many others located outside the UK have bought from you. In these cases, did you just keep the 27%?

Kenny, thanks for your sharp eyes - who knew you'd end up being a global watch dog? :bigsmile:

globalrarediamonds1

Rough_Rock
Trade

minousbijoux|1394037051|3627963 said:
globalrarediamonds1|1394032663|3627936 said:

I'm in the USA.

Kenny,

While I am impressed that you took action so quickly to mitigate the problem, I cannot believe that this is something that avoided notice by you until this point in time. Unless you have just commenced business, I wonder how many others located outside the UK have bought from you. In these cases, did you just keep the 27%?

Kenny, thanks for your sharp eyes - who knew you'd end up being a global watch dog? :bigsmile:

What You and Kenny are missing is that the full terms of sale are on the site. Clearly stating taxes are dependent on which country you are. We would have preferred to keep the VAT inclusive, as its more transparent for UK customers. We welcome any constructive criticism in order to enhance a visitor experience on our website....... we invite all members to send direct comments on how to improve further to [email protected]

Once again all comments are welcome.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

globalrarediamonds1|1394038172|3627974 said:
What You and Kenny are missing is that the full terms of sale are on the site. Clearly stating taxes are dependent on which country you are. We would have preferred to keep the VAT inclusive, as its more transparent for UK customers. We welcome any constructive criticism in order to enhance a visitor experience on our website....... we invite all members to send direct comments on how to improve further to [email protected]

Once again all comments are welcome.

Thank you again for your comments and reply.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock

This thread makes me angry - how dare anyone call someone out before doing proper research? And then everyone chimes in, knowing Kenny is waiting on an answer!

The title of this thread alone makes me cringe - I was looking at it to get a proper warning when in reality, a company was merely being accused of something they did not do. This is incredibly irresponsible and potentially damaging to someones reputation.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I agree.......The credibility of this forum comes into question when the choice is made to post comments without going to the party in question first.

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock

sphenequeen|1394069594|3628328 said:
This thread makes me angry - how dare anyone call someone out before doing proper research? And then everyone chimes in, knowing Kenny is waiting on an answer!

The title of this thread alone makes me cringe - I was looking at it to get a proper warning when in reality, a company was merely being accused of something they did not do. This is incredibly irresponsible and potentially damaging to someones reputation.

+1

I'm glad Global Rare Diamonds was able to see this thread and defend themselves (very professionally too, given the atmosphere) but should they have had to? I agree with sphenequeen, that proper research should have be done before a thread like this is made. It does seem reckless and irresponsible, and akin to a witch hunt.

I assumed (wrongfully) that they were drop shippers, not an authorized reseller and for that I apologize to them.

Has anyone heard back from Leibish yet?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kenny,
Since you are the originator of the thread, I'd like to suggest changing the title of the thread so it doesn't sound too accusatory, given that the vendor has clarified that they are indeed an authorized seller for Leibish.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

I think the vendor handled this beautifully. It has given them a lot of brownie points with me. I just always wonder how vendors find out about something that is being said about them.

I think we all found out a great deal of information about how Leibish operates and that has clarified the drop shipper idea and any thing fraudulent.

I don't really think that indiviuals have to research questions they have on their own before posting. This is a group where many are interested in similar things and post many ebay concerns here without first going to the vendor.

Those offended seem to be out English sisters. No one meant any harm to a responsible vendor, which this one appears to be.

Again , my compliments to the vendor.

Annette

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

What does ethnicity have to do with people who believe that "airing dirty laundry on a public forum" is not appropriate??? I doubt many of us have experienced the other end of this where our livelihood, character and public image is at stake on a worldwide forum without our knowledge or consent.

Global Rare Diamonds was OUTSTANDING in their responses :appl: :appl: :appl: but what if they didn't know about this thread? Most people/businesses do not have the capacity to respond as they did........which is admirable, but not the norm. Wouldn't it have been better to post an FYI such as:

"Global Rare Diamonds is an associated vendor with Leibish and the price differences are due to Britain's VAT. Contact them for further information and pricing information for purchases outside of Britain"............after asking them the questions that were posted here? I just don't get it.......

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Slightly unrelated but for inquiring minds. Pearlmans also goes though leibish. You can purchase those stones though the pearlmans website too. It reference Leibish when you click on the links for colored diamonds. They use their photos.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock

I will clarify why this thread made me angry: the title is accusatory and many of the subsequent posts were filled with assumptions. If the title of the thread had the vendor's name in it, anyone doing a google search on said vendor would see a link to this thread. I feel that before anyone goes on a witch hunt to look for shady practices, perhaps it would be in everyone's best interest to be fully informed.

Kenny, I noticed your silence on these points and I think you owe the vendor an apology. And I agree that the title of the thread should be changed.

And for the record, I'm an American.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

Thank you again for handling this thread so well. Your supporters are so outraged that they will soon make this thread into a combat zone. Good, everyone explained themselves so let it lie. Peace.

Annette

cm366

Shiny_Rock

Sell gems online, get questions online. I don't see a problem with asking questions in a public consumer forum, and I think the vendor handled themselves admirably and made their business, or at a minimum their customer service, look much better in so doing. Thanks Kenny!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results