shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Sapphire Suggestions

furstwinhall

Rough_Rock
I am looking for an emerald cut sapphire as a gift to my wife. I will be buying the stone loose, giving it to her, and then we'll shop for the setting together. I don't know that much about sapphires in general, I just know that I like their color! I have about $500 to spend on the stone and would be looking for a good mix between quality and size. Thanks for any suggestions that you all have in terms of where to look for such a stone.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

First of all you need to decide what shade of blue you like, you also need to think about what you are willing to accept in terms of treatments.

Emerald cuts aren't the easiest of cuts to find in sapphire, so I would suggest looking at heated stones as that will increase the number of available option - and help your budget.

Also, what size of stone are you thinking? Corundum is denser than diamond, so a 1ct sapphire will look a deal smaller than a 1ct diamond. It's normally better to think in terms of mm size rather than ct size.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I presume you are looking for a blue sapphire? Sapphires come in many different colours so it’s good to nail down some specifics.
1. What millimeter size are you looking for? Even a 1 ct sapphire will come in various measurements due to cutting that might range from 5 mm to 6 mm.
2. What shade of blue? Pale blue? Medium blue? Dark blue? Pure blue or greenish blue or violetish blue?
3. Heated or untreated?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results