shape
carat
color
clarity

Dana's big sale...

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to remind everyone (I know I love reminders!!) about Dana's big sale going on now at Mastercut.

I tried for a gem but not sure if I got it in time or not - it's the big rose de France ammy. It's huge (15mm round), untreated, and I love the color. So, something fun...fingers crossed for me :)

_32289.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Isn't everything always on sale there.? Oh, nice color on the ammy.

Annette

katharath

Ideal_Rock

No, he has everyday pricing, and then he has sales with special pricing on some items. When he does a sale, there are always new items introduced at the special lower pricing. This was a "big one" bc there were 200+ items put on sale/added to the site. You might want to take a look :). It's under the top header that says "sale of the week". I love buying from Dana and his wife Rachelle bc they are incredibly nice to deal with.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
sisxixon|1436723017|3901975 said:
Did anyone get that gorgeous peridot cab? I dithered and missed it!

Not me...I'm not a peridot fan, but even I thought it was a lovely cab (and easily affordable!).

I like the 3.71 tanzy on the last page, it's $790, unheated and tri color.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hoping my payment went through successfully for these two stones:

A sweet little round pink sapphire, 1.11ct, 6.1mm:
mastercutpinksapphire1.jpg

An EC Sky Blue Topaz, 12.51ct, 18x10mm:
mastercutskybluetopaz12.jpg

DK :))

katharath

Ideal_Rock
DK - nice choices, in particular the pink sapphire had caught my eye too. I thought it was a good buy.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Dana's big sale...I missed out

Hi Katharath and all...
I missed out and I was online this am on the mahenge neon pink spinel! AAAArrrrggghhhh! It is complicated but still searching for the spinel I want! Meanwhile saw the gorgeous 2.45 AGL sapphire on first page, waiver, thought may have time to go back today, got side tracked and missed this one too..

S

SparkliesLuver

I noticed that tanzanite too, katharath. ;-) It's caught my eye on more than one occasion. Nothing for me since I'm on a ban until 2016, but several things were tempting!

I hope your payment did too, DK. That little sapphire is sweet. :) Can't wait to see your pictures!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this one - I've looked at it periodically since it was first posted but kept holding back because I really need to stop buying things that aren't calibrated sizes. But you know what? I like this unusual shape. It's cute. I'm going to see if it goes with my other weirdly-shaped sapphire - I suspect it won't, colorwise, but we'll see. It looks like it would be fun as part of a pendant.

34281.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

I was hoping a PSer got that one, distracts! It's lovely. :) Can't wait to see what you do with it. I think some sort of pendant would be lovely.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Re: Dana's big sale...I missed out

Crazie4Cuts|1436750313|3902103 said:
Hi Katharath and all...
I missed out and I was online this am on the mahenge neon pink spinel! AAAArrrrggghhhh! It is complicated but still searching for the spinel I want! Meanwhile saw the gorgeous 2.45 AGL sapphire on first page, waiver, thought may have time to go back today, got side tracked and missed this one too..

I liked that sapphire a lot too...but I can't spend that much while I still have so many gems to set. I was really tempted though, lol.

Good luck on your continuing spinel hunt!! :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Ilovegemstones - thank you!! Probably will have to be a pendant as it is pretty big for my usual taste, I just can't see myself ever wearing a 15 mm gemstone ring.

SparkliesLuver - I love a lot of unheated tanzanites, but especially the more saturated trichroic gems, those are so neat. Yvonne Raley has a neat one that looks totally different - it's a round Portuguese cut but very light, more like lavender, but I LOOOVE it. Too much for me to want to spend though, maybe if it were a bit bigger...

Distracts - love that choice, it caught my eye too - beautiful color. It is an unusual shape but the cut looks amazing!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confirmation received from Rachelle that the little pink round sapphire and the EC topaz are on their way to me.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Distracts, that little guy caught my eye also. Hope it goes with your other one.
I got these two; sapphire and achroite:

34069.jpg

34577.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put the Achroite in my basket, then decided against it when I remembered an imminent non-jewellery purchase.

Glad to see it has gone to a good home, as the stone is rather cute.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1436811533|3902301 said:
Confirmation received from Rachelle that the little pink round sapphire and the EC topaz are on their way to me.

Congrats DK! Beautiful stones.

Congrats to all of you who managed to acquire one of the pretty stones :love:

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
I got this one. It's a 3.52ct Nigerian tourmaline. 11.1x8.2x6.3

Dana assured me that it's not too dark. I considered the chrysoberyls but decided to go cheaper. And it looks interesting. And it is the perfect size for my empty setting. And I don't have a green stone. And Dana is so nice. :lol:

32892.jpg
32893.jpg
32894.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
indigoblue|1436895694|3902735 said:
I got this one. Dana assured me that it's not too dark. I considered the chrysoberyls but decided to go cheaper. And it looks interesting. And it is the perfect size for my empty setting. And I don't have a green stone. And Dana is so nice. :lol:

32892.jpg
32893.jpg
32894.jpg

I love this!! What are the specs?

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
Sorry. After I posted it, I realized I'd left that part out. The specs are in my post now.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
That's the thing about Dana's stones, he's honest about them. I've got a couple that most PS'ers would consider too dark, but I love saturated stones and in certain lighting, they come alive. All kinds of things are going on under the tables of those puppies and I'm the only one who gets to see the show. :dance:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I bought this 2.80 Chryso.
Price: 530.00
Sale Price: 350.00 (34% off)
Origin: Brazil
Weight: 2.80 carat
Size: 9.8 X 7.1 X 5.3 mm deep
Clarity very clean
Cut: oval brilliant
Color: golden yellow

Very much an impulse buy! Fingers crossed that it's a keeper. I'm hoping it's a medium yellow without much green.

_32398.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1436920029|3902920 said:
I bought this 2.80 Chryso.
Price: 530.00
Sale Price: 350.00 (34% off)
Origin: Brazil
Weight: 2.80 carat
Size: 9.8 X 7.1 X 5.3 mm deep
Clarity very clean
Cut: oval brilliant
Color: golden yellow

Very much an impulse buy! Fingers crossed that it's a keeper. I'm hoping it's a medium yellow without much green.

I looked quickly at his stones and this one definitely caught my eye as it has a certain nuance of colors that one normally doesn't see in chrysos. Looking forward to you getting it and seeing what its like. :))

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup I want to see your photos of that Chryso too! =)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Got my big rose de France ammy, the gem and cut is even more beautiful in person (cut by Dana- fun to see his cutting on such a big stone!). Definitely thinking a pendant as it is 15 mm.

Pics..

Hmm. Not sure why they loaded sideways but you still get the idea :)

_32432.jpg

_32433.jpg

_32434.jpg

_32435.jpg

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool. That will make a great pendant.
I always like to see vendor/buyer photos.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Ammy. It will make a great pendant

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1437069533|3903661 said:
Got my big rose de France ammy, the gem and cut is even more beautiful in person (cut by Dana- fun to see his cutting on such a big stone!). Definitely thinking a pendant as it is 15 mm.

Pics..

Hmm. Not sure why they loaded sideways but you still get the idea :)

oh my godddddddddd that is stunning!

I got my sapphire today too - I will post pictures later. It's a little lighter than I thought it would be from Dana's pictures, but otherwise basically what it says on the tin.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results