shape
carat
color
clarity

Color change? Or color shift? Sapphire.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a sapphire I bought from Tan like a hundred years ago. I have never done anything with it. Now I can't find the certificate anywhere, so I am not sure of the carat weight. It's 10 x 9 x 8 or so. Thought I'd share.

047.jpg

048.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your pictures are accurate, it certainly looks like a shifter / changer to me. I suppose it can be termed as a colour change sapphire but I'm a stickler in that if the colours are next to each other on the colour wheel, it is a shift. :tongue:

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like it a lot...it is a nice shift...looks like an almost rubellite purplish pink to almost amethyst pinkish purple...definately a "shift" vs a "change" though...but a strong shift! Just my opinion. I sure do love that stone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see why not. It is nobody's call on what colour a person can or cannot wear.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
True! Maybe I'll rock it a few days and see how it fits :tongue:

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Actually got lots of compliments wearing this. I thought it was too purple but it seems to work!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
My grandfather wore a big amethyst, 12 x 16 mm, as a pinkie ring for years and years. Somehow it worked! I had to get the stone repolished ($75) when it was passed down to me, but it works on me too!

Like your ring, it's a simple, single-stone unisex ring. Very nice!

I love that sapphire! :love: Gorgeous colors!

I would definately call that a color change, it's pretty dramatic. Awesome size, too. :appl:

If you do get tired of it, don't forget the pre-loved thread in the cafe. :naughty:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. I would definately want a color shift/change sapphire like you have. Wear it in good health.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Tan has another one on his eBay store. Quite a bit smaller but same
Color.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
The caped crusader has no problem wearing purple when fighting mis-information and shifty marketing tactics

Attachments

• purple.bmp
    335.8 KB · Views: 609
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results