shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas present came three weeks late

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
A tiffany inspired yellow diamond ring! The jeweler sent me the picture two hours ago. He will deliver the ring to me tomorrow. Can't wait to see it in person. :appl: :appl: :appl:

The center stone is 1.25 ct. VS1 fancy yellow diamond with GIA cert.

My yellow friend.JPG

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is so gorgeous! more pics, please, when you get it :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, better late than never, especially for something like that!! Beautiful!!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely! Is that a split shank I see? We definitely need more photos of this beauty!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thats beautiful, can't wait to see more photos!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you...but you cannot leave us here with just one teaser picture. :naughty:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I need your Santa to pay me a visit next year! :lol: :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! :love: That's a gorgeous setting/stone you have coming! :love: Tell us more details when you have hand shots - can't wait to see it on your hand - and we want profile/basket/side/stone..... oh you know - just go NUTS on it!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! I think I'd wait three weeks for that too :love: Definitely waiting on more pics - congratulations!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
fussykiki|1326376510|3101127 said:
A tiffany inspired yellow diamond ring! The jeweler sent me the picture two hours ago. He will deliver the ring to me tomorrow. Can't wait to see it in person. :appl: :appl: :appl:

The center stone is 1.25 ct. VS1 fancy yellow diamond with GIA cert.
Is that the one from DBL??

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
I am still waiting... The jeweler hasn't called yet. I hope I can meet up with him later today and collect my ring....

The ring is not from DBL. My jeweler found me the stone and set it for me. I hope the double halo won't make it looks too big.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It doesn't look to be much different in size from your avatar, so you should be fine. Don't worry about something like "too big"!!! That's everyone's dream :D

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1326426212|3101804 said:
It doesn't look to be much different in size from your avatar, so you should be fine. Don't worry about something like "too big"!!! That's everyone's dream :D

The original intention of that ring is something I can wear to work. Seems like it would be too blinky for work again. My colleagues tease me that they have to wear sunglasses when working with me, so I don't wear my engagement ring to work now.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Here are some pics... I shall take more photos tomorrow under natural light..

IMG_0733 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0730 (640x480).jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! All this Soleste-esque rings make me want to re-set my yellow radiant. Enjoy your lovely lovely ring!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. In the profile shot right at the bottom of the head (on the nearest bit to the finger) there's what looks like a diamond inset on either side - are they diamonds or just part of the design?

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
LD|1326546931|3102833 said:
Very pretty. In the profile shot right at the bottom of the head (on the nearest bit to the finger) there's what looks like a diamond inset on either side - are they diamonds or just part of the design?

Do you mean that two "dots" inside the ring? They are made there to avoid spinning of the ring when wearing.

Actually, I am not very happy with the quality of the setting. First, I specifically ask them not to add the "V" under the head. Not only they have put the "V" there, it was also poorly made. The double halo micro pave is not smooth too. The split shank doesn't split wide enough. I should have asked the jeweler who did my tourmaline ring to set this ring, but the jeweler who sourced me the center stone said they can also do the setting for me. Now I dunno what I can do. I can ask them to fix it, but my hubby said it would probably come back the same. I don't want to spend additional cost to have it reset at other jeweler. ;( ;( ;(

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fussykiki|1326552090|3102864 said:
LD|1326546931|3102833 said:

Do you mean that two "dots" inside the ring? They are made there to avoid spinning of the ring when wearing.

Actually, I am not very happy with the quality of the setting. First, I specifically ask them not to add the "V" under the head. Not only they have put the "V" there, it was also poorly made. The double halo micro pave is not smooth too. The split shank doesn't split wide enough. I should have asked the jeweler who did my tourmaline ring to set this ring, but the jeweler who sourced me the center stone said they can also do the setting for me. Now I dunno what I can do. I can ask them to fix it, but my hubby said it would probably come back the same. I don't want to spend additional cost to have it reset at other jeweler. ;( ;( ;(

:D No, I know what they are! The notches by the V (I've highlighted them below). Are they notches or diamonds or something? It's difficult to tell.

In terms of the split shank, if it is widened as you want, consider that the ring will most definitely appear more bulky. One of the things I like about it is that it's a substantial ring without being bulky. If you're not happy though, you must go back to them and at least give them the opportunity to put things right.

Setting query.jpg

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
LD|1326557725|3102897 said:
:D No, I know what they are! The notches by the V (I've highlighted them below). Are they notches or diamonds or something? It's difficult to tell.

In terms of the split shank, if it is widened as you want, consider that the ring will most definitely appear more bulky. One of the things I like about it is that it's a substantial ring without being bulky. If you're not happy though, you must go back to them and at least give them the opportunity to put things right.

Finally have time to take a picture and show you..... There are no diamonds..... ^_^

Yellow2.JPG

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
I have spoken to the jeweler, he said he will fix the ring till my satisfaction. Do you guys think the gap between the center stone and the halo is the big? It looks odd to me.....

P.S. I guess my login name can tell you what kind of person I am.... :devil:

Yellow1.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results