shape
carat
color
clarity

check out this beautiful blue sapphire ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
i was browsing for ring and i saw this beautiful blue sapphire ring.
i believe its for a man.
just wanted to share this with you.

referencing this website

"Jacob & Co. baguette cut diamond and sapphire ring, 15.89 carats. Set in platinum. $324,906"

drool..... i want to have something like that too.. i wonder where who sells similar design for a smaller size center stone.

sapphirering111.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great color!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Amazing color and an interesting design, but this photo shows some really weird reflections on the crown facets.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very beautiful ring and stone. Ma Re, do you think it''s the angle of the ring/picture that''s throwing us off?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''m no expert when it comes to photography, but my guess is that it''s angled too much towards those red objects in the background so it''s picking up those hues.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s definitely the angle of the photo.

Sorry but I just have to say "holy mother" to the purple/pink diamond ring at a cool $15,000,000! I got excited thinking it said $15,000 but then had a reality check and put away my credit card.
32.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2009 6:27:44 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Sorry but I just have to say ''holy mother'' to the purple/pink diamond ring at a cool $15,000,000! I got excited thinking it said $15,000 but then had a reality check and put away my credit card.
32.gif
What''s 3 more zeros? Just toss them away or ignore them.
11.gif
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2009 12:14:51 PM
Author: Chrono

Sorry but I just have to say ''holy mother'' to the purple/pink diamond ring at a cool $15,000,000! I got excited thinking it said $15,000 but then had a reality check and put away my credit card.
32.gif
What''s 3 more zeros? Just toss them away or ignore them.
11.gif
9.gif
We think alike! I did that but for some reason my credit card company didn''t want to ignore the extra 3 zeros! Honestly, that''s just NOT Christmas spirit is it?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That really is a lovely blue!

But man oh man, that fancy vivid pink-purple of 28+ cts!! I don''t usually like diamonds, but swoooon.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

32.gif
Ditto!! I hope you have the American Express Black card. LOL!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
A beautiful sapphire, but the purple/pink diamond, well....... is that really a great colour? I can see that is really sparkles but the actual colour looks drab to me. If I was browsing a website of coloured gems I would pass over a stone that colour, so is it the diamond''s scintillation that makes it great? Apart from a few tiny yellows, I haven''t seen any coloured diamonds IRL, but I never see any photos that make me think "wow, great colour" What is it that I''m missing or not seeing?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 8:15:54 PM
Author: klewis
A beautiful sapphire, but the purple/pink diamond, well....... is that really a great colour? I can see that is really sparkles but the actual colour looks drab to me. If I was browsing a website of coloured gems I would pass over a stone that colour, so is it the diamond''s scintillation that makes it great? Apart from a few tiny yellows, I haven''t seen any coloured diamonds IRL, but I never see any photos that make me think ''wow, great colour'' What is it that I''m missing or not seeing?
Colored diamonds are not usually atractive because of depth of color (like colored gemstones). They''re more often all about a combination of lively scintillation, strong brilliance, obvious dispersion and a pleasing, but often pastel, color. Kind of like aquamarines or kunzites, but with an added factor of dispersion and stronger brilliance. That''s why you''ll rarely (IMO) find a really breathtaking color in them, but you''ll be blown away by some other things they do.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 3:05:30 AM
Author: ma re

A beautiful sapphire, but the purple/pink diamond, well....... is that really a great colour? I can see that is really sparkles but the actual colour looks drab to me. If I was browsing a website of coloured gems I would pass over a stone that colour, so is it the diamond''s scintillation that makes it great? Apart from a few tiny yellows, I haven''t seen any coloured diamonds IRL, but I never see any photos that make me think ''wow, great colour'' What is it that I''m missing or not seeing?

Colored diamonds are not usually atractive because of depth of color (like colored gemstones). They''re more often all about a combination of lively scintillation, strong brilliance, obvious dispersion and a pleasing, but often pastel, color. Kind of like aquamarines or kunzites, but with an added factor of dispersion and stronger brilliance. That''s why you''ll rarely (IMO) find a really breathtaking color in them, but you''ll be blown away by some other things they do.

I can see I''m going to have to seek one out to experience it first hand. Thanks Ma re.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Klewis,
Colored diamonds really need to be seen in person. I think if you saw that stone in person, you would change your mind. There''s really nothing like them IMHO. The color, plus the amazing scintillation, refraction and dispersion, are truly a sight to behold. You just cannot capture this in photographs. They often shift color too, which gives them amazing personality. As much as I love colored stones, I would take that pink diamond over any stone in my existing collection. If you are anywhere near Laurence Graff''s stores, or the Smithsonian, you should go take a look.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 9:35:10 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

A beautiful sapphire, but the purple/pink diamond, well....... is that really a great colour? I can see that is really sparkles but the actual colour looks drab to me. If I was browsing a website of coloured gems I would pass over a stone that colour, so is it the diamond's scintillation that makes it great? Apart from a few tiny yellows, I haven't seen any coloured diamonds IRL, but I never see any photos that make me think 'wow, great colour' What is it that I'm missing or not seeing?

Klewis,

Colored diamonds really need to be seen in person. I think if you saw that stone in person, you would change your mind. There's really nothing like them IMHO. The color, plus the amazing scintillation, refraction and dispersion, are truly a sight to behold. You just cannot capture this in photographs. They often shift color too, which gives them amazing personality. As much as I love colored stones, I would take that pink diamond over any stone in my existing collection. If you are anywhere near Laurence Graff's stores, or the Smithsonian, you should go take a look.
I would ditto TL's thoughts on colored diamonds, they really need to be seen in person-so much personality!

And that pink diamond ring
30.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 9:35:10 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Klewis,

Colored diamonds really need to be seen in person. I think if you saw that stone in person, you would change your mind. There''s really nothing like them IMHO. The color, plus the amazing scintillation, refraction and dispersion, are truly a sight to behold. You just cannot capture this in photographs. They often shift color too, which gives them amazing personality. As much as I love colored stones, I would take that pink diamond over any stone in my existing collection. If you are anywhere near Laurence Graff''s stores, or the Smithsonian, you should go take a look.

Thanks TL. Unfortunately I can''t see myself being near Graff''s or the Smithsonian any time soon but I will now make an effort and look for coloured diamonds when I travel out of my own town.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Do you suppose DF has seen all that horological ****?

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 7:05:55 PM
Author: vinkalmann
Nice ring! It''s just like wearing a house on your finger
3.gif
vinkalmann you have a very nice sapphire in your avatar too ! =)

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 11:06:39 AM
Author: haagen_dazs
Date: 12/28/2009 7:05:55 PM

Author: vinkalmann

Nice ring! It''s just like wearing a house on your finger
3.gif

vinkalmann you have a very nice sapphire in your avatar too ! =)

Thank you =). I got it for my now fiancee in October. It''s definitely sparked my interest in colored jems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results