shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling LD or anyone familiar with Multicolour

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hi LD et al! I have some questions about how Multicolour ships their stones. Today I received a package from them that included the AIGS report (which I didn't even order) and a penlight with batteries, but the stone was not in it. There is a registered mail tracking number on the front of this envelope that is different from the one they gave me when my order was marked as shipped. When I track that one, it is accurately marked as delivered, but when I track the one they gave me, it shows "origin post is preparing shipment" with no updates since 8/20.

I'm a little concerned that my stone might have gotten lost. I've emailed them to clarify as well. I have a few questions before I really start to freak out...

1) Does Multicolour typically ship stones and reports/extras in 2 different packages?

2) What kind packaging do they ship their stones in? A plastic gem box? A baggie? Loose in a bubble envelope (hope not!)?

3) Any idea what "origin post is preparing shipment" on registered mail tracking could mean?

Thanks in advance!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think there was a shipping mix up by MC? That's really odd.

Unbehandelte

Rough_Rock
Have you contacted David ? ( owner) exceptional guy and excellent customer service. Just send an email. Pretty sure he will find you an explanation and a solution .

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I sent him an email but haven't heard back yet. My guess is that the stone itself (which was sent first, on 8/19) is stuck in customs, while the extras (which were sent on 8/20) sailed through customs and arrived earlier than the first package. I had a minor freak-out until I realized that there were 2 different tracking numbers.

The package that was delivered has this as the tracking info:
-Delivered
<snip>
-Processed through USPS Sort Facility - August 28, 2013, 11:41 am - LOS ANGELES, CA 90052
-Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
-Processed Through Sort Facility - August 21, 2013, 11:43 am - SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE (SMC), THAILAND
-Acceptance - August 20, 2013, 3:18 pm - THAILAND

The package I'm waiting for which hopefully has my stone in it has this:
-Processed Through Sort Facility - August 20, 2013, 11:28 am - SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE (SMC), THAILAND
-Acceptance - August 19, 2013, 3:12 pm - THAILAND

From this, I can tell that the next tracking update will be when the package hits the US. So it could either be in Thai customs or somewhere over the Pacific, right?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, my best guess is that they sent the stone alone (since I hadn't asked or paid for an AIGS report), then realized they had already gotten an AIGS report and decided to send that to me along with a penlight as a free gift. I don't think it's necessarily a mix-up, but I would love to hear some confirmation from their end.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jstarfireb|1377972595|3512952 said:
I sent him an email but haven't heard back yet. My guess is that the stone itself (which was sent first, on 8/19) is stuck in customs, while the extras (which were sent on 8/20) sailed through customs and arrived earlier than the first package. I had a minor freak-out until I realized that there were 2 different tracking numbers.

The package that was delivered has this as the tracking info:
-Delivered
<snip>
-Processed through USPS Sort Facility - August 28, 2013, 11:41 am - LOS ANGELES, CA 90052
-Processed Through Sort Facility - August 21, 2013, 11:43 am - SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE (SMC), THAILAND
-Acceptance - August 20, 2013, 3:18 pm - THAILAND

The package I'm waiting for which hopefully has my stone in it has this:
-Processed Through Sort Facility - August 20, 2013, 11:28 am - SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE (SMC), THAILAND
-Acceptance - August 19, 2013, 3:12 pm - THAILAND

From this, I can tell that the next tracking update will be when the package hits the US. So it could either be in Thai customs or somewhere over the Pacific, right?

That's odd because David usually gets back to emails. Send him another one, perhaps it got eaten in cyberspace.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
TL, that's exactly what happened! I got an auto-reply and didn't read it right away. Turns out it was a "bounce" email saying I needed to be added to his "safe" email addresses to bypass the spam filter. So I just emailed via the website and he got back to me within hours. He said they sometimes ship paperwork/extras separately from the stone but is also wondering why the stone seems to be taking so long. He promised to look into it and get back to me soon.

ETA: Spoke too soon! Just got an email notice that it's in Los Angeles! Took a while to cross the Pacific but it's all good!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad the stone made it through. :appl: Sooo.....where's pictures of the stone? Is it the princess cut alexandrite?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It is! I've tracked it to my town, so hopefully it will come today!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry I didn't reply. I was taking time out from the forum.

Glad all has worked out well but WHERE are the photos of the stone? Do you like it?

There's nothing like the lure of an Alexandrite to pull me out of lurkdom! lol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it has arrived but she's been a naughty PSer because there's no thread nor pictures of it yet. :nono: :bigsmile:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
this thread has no pictures, not even a drawing.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha! You guys crack me up. The stone made it here a few weeks ago, and was immediately boxed up and sent to Sally, hence no pictures except the vendor one in the Catch-All thread.

ETA: And yes, I ADORE it! It's tiny as expected, but the color change is phenomenal. Best I've seen so far.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
LD|1380626977|3530016 said:

Glad all has worked out well but WHERE are the photos of the stone? Do you like it?

Forgot to mention earlier...it's nice to see you back, LD!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And no hint of your setting plans? Well, I think I know, but other PSers don't, so be a good PSer and don't leave us in the dark.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jstarfireb|1380769650|3531270 said:
LD|1380626977|3530016 said:

Forgot to mention earlier...it's nice to see you back, LD!

Here, here! I too truly missed you, LD!

Jstar: time to share your plans with those of us not in the know! :naughty:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1380801128|3531393 said:
And no hint of your setting plans? Well, I think I know, but other PSers don't, so be a good PSer and don't leave us in the dark.

It's also in the catch-all thread! It's going into a setting from Sally that I've coveted for a really long time, the Bella. I've been waiting for an appropriate sized stone for this, but despite being the queen of tiny rocks, I haven't found one until now! It will be kite-set so the stone will be at a 45 degree angle to the large square of the setting:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/41971367/bella-handforged-sterling-and-18k-gold?ref=shop_home_feat

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I ordered twice from Multicolour.
The first time there were no problems.
The second time, I was so busy, and I was getting quite a few packages at the same time. My second order had more than 10 different stones in it.
Finally when I collected all my stones, and I was ready to place an order for the setting, I kept looking at the stone I got from Multicolour and wonder why did I order it?
I went back and forth, compare numbers, and pictures I printed from the screen when I placed an order, and after 4 days of receiving the package I've realized, I ordered an oval and got a pear shape. Huh...
The item was in a plastic pouch with the correct stock oval number (the only difference for pear and oval shape was the end of the number - "aa" or "ab"). The weight was wrong, so was the shape. When I looked at invoice the numbers matched, and because I ordered many stones simultaneously I was a little confuse over all things.
I contacted CS, and they immediately send me my oval.
I offered to mail the stone back to them, because I did not order it and I would not keep it. But they say nothing.
David mailed it so fast, I basically received it in less than 10 days.
Every time I got a package from them, it was in a cute bubble envelope.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results