shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought my first CS! - BB Tanga Garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
After lurking and drooling over all the delicious stones around the CS board (you ladies have made me soooo jealous, so many times!), I finally gave in. For a while I was completely set on going green (tsav or a green tourmaline), but THEN I walked past an antique shop with a box of rings in the window all sporting stones of the most juicy raspberry pinks I'd ever seen in person. I resisted the urge of going in to try them on, but haven't been able to get the color out of my head. And so, when I saw this little tanga garnet pop up on Barry's site today, it took me 20 seconds or so to decide to just go for it. There are several others on his site that I would love to own, but I wouldn't be able to afford setting any of them right away. I'm absolutely dying to see it in person, as is my camera (lots of pics coming, don't worry!). Barry hopes to ship it tomorrow, which means it should be here no later than Monday.
36.gif
1.gif

Thank you so much to all of you who post here in CS - I came in here knowing nothing about colored gems, with not much of an appreciation of them, either, and now I spend more time drooling over sites like Barry's than I do in the SMTR thread....

http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=141&idproduct=3206

ETA: I'm pretty sure I want to set it in a ring, but I'll wait to see it in person before deciding for sure. Suggestions for settings are most welcome, though.
31.gif

ga-1939g_1328_general.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Waiting for a stone to arrive is fun. I look forward to seeing your pics too - congratulations on your purchase.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful and I love the color!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Well, you already know *I* love it...but I had to tell you again anyway!
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I can''t think of a better way to start a colored stone collection than with one of Barry''s stones!
30.gif
Looking forward to seeing your pics when it arrives.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the dark colored side. One of Barry''s stones is an excellent first purchase.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone to start with! You will be addicted in no time.
2.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Whoohoo! Barry emailed me this morning to say the garnet is in the mail, and he included a stone holder in the package so I can "get it out of the gembox and play with it".
9.gif
I''d say the man knows his audience!

lavatea - Thank you! I agree, and boy do I hope I love it as much, if not more, in person!

klewis - I''m not a terribly patient person, so I''m not sure fun is the right word, but I AM excited.
2.gif
Thank you for the ''grats, though!

oddoneout, Catmom and Maevie - Thank you for your compliments on the color!

Lori, cellentani, and Kismet - The amazing thing about PS is how you can go from knowing nothing to appreciation of the finest in the span of just a few hours. I learned mighty quickly that if I spotted something of Barry''s (or numerous other cutters whose names turn up often around here) that I really couldn''t go wrong. I particularly <3 the vendor vs owner photo thread and plan to contribute to it once I have my garnet in hand.
5.gif

virgoruby - Thank you!
9.gif

vc10um - Haha, thank you, Dear.

Laila619 - Hehehe - It was so easy to get addicted to just LOOKING, that I''m afraid of what might happen once I actually have the gemmy in front of me. It''s playing with fire, me thinks...
12.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I know you got something in the maaaaaaiiiiil today!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Now we need pictures, lady!
27.gif
31.gif
9.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
VC is correct, my stone DID arrive, and I just nabbed as many photos as I could in what light I had left after getting home from work. I <3 this stone, but it''s a bugger to photograph! Copying photos off the camera as I type. Back shortly after I find some good ones and get them downsized...
36.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Eeeep, sorry that took me so long!

But, here she is!!!

LadyCgarnet5.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
She goes a bit darker in direct sun

LadyCgarnet1.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
She goes from purple to bright pink, depending on the light and angle

LadyCgarnet2.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
The bright pink is a purer pink/purple, less peachy, than it tends to photograph.

LadyCgarnet3.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! So what do you think? Is she a keeper?

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

LadyCgarnet4.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
That is a STUNNER! Love your pic with flowers too, nice springtime touch!

Re Barry's stones, nothing like starting at the TOP!

My first loose CS was from Gene/Precision Gem
1.gif

Now that you have have experienced the rush of getting your stone, you will find out you don't have to be ready to set it immediately.

I think there's been on thread on how many loosies we all have. I have set two stones and have 12 loose...Getting ready to set my third shortly.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
She''s 6mm

LadyCgarnet6.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
More flowers.
1.gif

LadyCgarnet7.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Just let me know if I should stop with the pics....I took a bunch.
3.gif

Hard to capture the sparkles looking at the stone with the camera, but the window sill shows them all!

LadyCgarnet16.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Better hand shot

LadyCgarnet9b.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Playing with other jewelry to try and figure out the best metal color. I want to set her in a ring, but I am completely undecided about the setting. Anybody have any ideas???

LadyCgarnet12.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
This is the only jewelry with rose gold that I have. yay? nay?

LadyCgarnet14.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Hooray! She IS lovely!

Next time I come visit, I''ll bring my tsav and we can do garnet buddy pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results