shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarine for a logr legacy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

giffy

Rough_Rock
I want to purchase an aquamarine to fit in a logr legacy setting. Roughly how much would this stone cost? I have a preference for the plae blue aqaumarines. I have no idea where to start and want an idea before I go to my local jeweller (we live in a small town). By the way I am in Australia.

Thanks!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Browsing online vendors will give you a general idea. Pale ones are always cheaper than those more intense blue (eventhough those are not all that intense a color compared to some other stones), so it shouldn''t be too much. The best ones go for several hundred dollars a carat retail, but if you''re after a small and pale one, you should be fine with 150 dollars (US) max (but easily much less). Of course the place where you buy might influence the price somewhat, as high-end retail stores will charge a bigger mark-up.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See if Bob Kast, bobkast.com, can cut you any material. He''s very inexpensive for pale aqua, but I''m not sure if he ships to Australia.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I got a gorgeous, super pale aqua from Dan Stair recently (asscher cut however). I''m sure he still has more rough - though mine might be a bit TOO pale for what you want (it''s almost like a very pale blue-tinged diamond). But I know he has lighter aqua rough so it''s worth a try.

I also adore Barry''s cushions and got an aqua cushion from him as well - though mine is darker. But again, never hurts to ask
1.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/4/2010 7:51:25 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
See if Bob Kast, bobkast.com, can cut you any material. He''s very inexpensive for pale aqua, but I''m not sure if he ships to Australia.
He shipped to Brazil without any problems, so international is ok. Unless there are specific restrictions to Australia (which I haven''t heard about), I don''t think you will have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results