shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Pink Tourmaline!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
While I am putting a gorgeous glowy or neony Mozambique bluish-green tourmaline on my wishlist, I figured I can work on a pretty pink tourmaline project. This gives me something to tide over the wait for the Mozambique to appear and waiting for the budget for the Mozambique to appear
9.gif

So I bought this from Dan Stair. This is my second pink tourmaline from him (I love pink!). I am thinking of setting this into a three stone ring but would love to hear any ideas that any of you may have. Thoughts?

PnkTrmEmCush.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly I love the cut! What are the dimensions?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWSERS, It''s gorgeous and such a unique cut. I''m trying to think of something that would really emphasize the cut..........

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking step-cut half-moons. Yum!
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool and gorgeous color!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Love love love it! I think it would be lovely in a three-stone setting. That cut is awesome and I think it would really stand out next to a contrasting shape.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, pretty. i love the shape. i think it would look cool with tapered baguettes -- they would echo the lines of the cut.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you thinking North South or East West in setting it?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies! Both the step cut half moons and tapered baguette sounds fabulous! Please let me know if you have any more ideas? What about a pendant?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 11:57:20 AM
Author: Chrono
Hi Chrono, I am thinking North South if it is set into a ring. My ring size is around 3.5 or 4 so East West may not be suitable..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2008 5:55:19 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Hi Chrono, I am thinking North South if it is set into a ring. My ring size is around 3.5 or 4 so East West may not be suitable..
Then half moons will make the ring very interesting with that unusual cut.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 12:04:10 PM

Date: 3/19/2008 5:55:19 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Then half moons will make the ring very interesting with that unusual cut.
Thanks Chrono. I think I will go to my jeweler and ask them to match half moons and tapered baguettes so that I can compare and decide which combination will look better..

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH My Word!!! What a beautiful stone!!! I LOVE the color
30.gif
You done good girl!! I can''t wait to see that beauty set!!! Wooooie it is gorgeous.

Linda

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Linda! I am so anxious to see the stone, I hope it looks as good as it does on the pictures! Dan Stair has been cuttings some gorgeous stones. I missed a pretty mandarin spess in an emerald cut as well as a pretty tanzanite in a round portuguese brilliant cut. I do hope some PSers got them..

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I imagine it will be even more beautiful then in the picture. I can''t wait to see pictures.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results