shape
carat
color
clarity

2 settings for Rubellite, which will you choose?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there I had purchased and returned this setting as the size is a too large for my rubellite. The original setting comes with an airline around the centre stone, I had the gap closed during the customization. However when the setting arrived, I find that the design seems quite mm.. kinda old fashioned to me, but I like the bigger size diamond that were used.

After returning it, I purchased this new setting from jewelryhoo. I thought that it has a more modern, sleek look to it.

It has just arrived today and I am kinda disappointed. The ring was sized wrongly by 3 sizes BIGGER, despite multiple reminders from my end. The diamonds are incredibly small and it looks just too simple.

Anyway, after returning the first setting, I have second thought about it. Quite a number of Pser had seen the first setting and responded positively on the design. I seems to like it again and prettyjewelry has expressed that they will be happy to recustomize another piece for me of the correct size without any additional charges. So my question is:) Which settings do you prefer? and if its the first one, do you prefer it with a airlin around the centre stone or without? TIA!

Photo0376.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The latest one from jewelryhoo

Photo0390.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
My personal preference would be the second one for its clean & unfussy lines.. (the first one''s a bit too ornate for me...) though I would prefer the melee diamonds to be bigger..
5.gif
Would it be possible to see a profile pic of this setting?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
i like the first one!
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two are very different; the first is busier and uncommon, the second is plainer and looks like every other halo out there. For me, while I’m usually a more understated type, I do like the first setting for your rubellite.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/12/2010 6:44:41 AM
Author: virgoruby
My personal preference would be the second one for its clean & unfussy lines.. (the first one''s a bit too ornate for me...) though I would prefer the melee diamonds to be bigger..
5.gif
Would it be possible to see a profile pic of this setting?
side profile:) Tks for the input, do give me more suggestion! as I have to decide by today if possible.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I really like both settings. The first would be my choice, but I really like the simplicity of the second for everyday wear!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the first one, the second is so commonplace these days.... it''s beautiful but my eye tends to be attracted to things that are different.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Did you say you were disappointed with the ring, because it was incorrectly sized & had tiny diamonds... hmmm, maybe you''ve answered your question...?
1.gif

(Btw, thanks for the profile pics - I kind of like its simplicity.. though you probably want something special, don''t you...?
2.gif
)

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
While I like the second one for its simplicity I dont feel that there is a relationship between the setting and the shank. It just feels like the setting was attached to a plain band. The first is a but ornate, but interesting in a good way, It does feel conceptually whole and the shank is a logical extension of the setting. ALso I prefer the larger stones for melee. The first is fancier, but you weren''t planning for it to be an everyday ring, were you?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2010 10:24:59 AM
Author: VapidLapid
While I like the second one for its simplicity I dont feel that there is a relationship between the setting and the shank. It just feels like the setting was attached to a plain band. The first is a but ornate, but interesting in a good way, It does feel conceptually whole and the shank is a logical extension of the setting. ALso I prefer the larger stones for melee. The first is fancier, but you weren''t planning for it to be an everyday ring, were you?
^^^ what she said.

The 2nd doesn''t have the flow of the 1st. on the first one I think it goes well with the stone color and shape and has a deco feel. I think it looks very lovely on your hand.

-A

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
They are both nice rings, but I prefer the first one, unless you are wanting a more simple ring to wear every day. That stone is a very pretty color and I think the first one showcases the stone more than the second one.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
first one as it has more "personality".

mz

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there! Thank you so much for all the replies! You gals are really of a great help:) ok I have decided to go for the first setting! Now, do you prefer a gap/airline between the centre stone and the halo? Prettyjewelry thought it''s a better idea to send the stone over to them so they will make no mistake for the second customization. They do provide free setting service. Do you think it''s a wise idea for them to set the stone? I am kinda worried about getting the stone scratch. Has anyone sent their stone in for mounting service? Tia

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure I’d trust them with a high value stone that is difficult and expensive to replace, not to mention the risk of damage to the stone. I don’t see an airline in your picture but I think I’ll go the non-airline option.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t have any experience with sending stones like that so I can''t answer. As far as having an airline, I think it depends on if you really like that sort of thing. For some ring designs its perfectly fine. Its quite an airy piece already so an airline may be just fine as long as it wasn''t gigantic.

-A

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks to all the replies once again:) I had found another setting that seems to have the best of both. It has a simpler design than the first one, yet not as simple as the 2nd one, this latest one has quite a lot of diamonds. Here you go jewe2004

It can fit a 8.5X6.5mm, do you think it can fit my 9X6.3mm rubellite, since its cut-cornered? TIA
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
You know, I'm normally a fan of sleek and modern settings, and I tend to avoid ornate settings with lots of melee diamonds. However, I LOVE the first setting. It just seems perfect with your stone. I'm anti-airline in general, so I'll always say go without it.

ETA: I also like the third over the second, but the first still beats out the third for me.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/13/2010 12:38:50 AM
Author: jstarfireb
You know, I''m normally a fan of sleek and modern settings, and I tend to avoid ornate settings with lots of melee diamonds. However, I LOVE the first setting. It just seems perfect with your stone. I''m anti-airline in general, so I''ll always say go without it.

ETA: I also like the third over the second, but the first still beats out the third for me.

Tks crasu and jstarfireb, I think that the latest setting is very much similar to my chrome tourmaline setting, I guess I will stick to the first one for more variety:)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like clean lines, so I prefer the second one, but the first setting sure is unique and pretty! Beautiful rubellite by the way!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks Laila and all others for the reply, I really appreciate
21.gif

It will probably take another 2 weeks to customize a new setting. I will certainly post some photos when its ready! tks
Oya btw, I have decided on the first setting!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ve already decided, but I like the first one best for your stone too. I normally like really plain settings, but the stone (which is beautiful by the way) looks great in the first setting!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks packrat! Me too, I usually go for simpler design, but somehow the rubellite seems to look better in this particular setting:)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2010 12:12:03 PM
Author: chictomato
Hi there! Thank you so much for all the replies! You gals are really of a great help:) ok I have decided to go for the first setting! Now, do you prefer a gap/airline between the centre stone and the halo? Prettyjewelry thought it''s a better idea to send the stone over to them so they will make no mistake for the second customization. They do provide free setting service. Do you think it''s a wise idea for them to set the stone? I am kinda worried about getting the stone scratch. Has anyone sent their stone in for mounting service? Tia
If they never set a stone before for you, do not send the stone to them. The measurements should suffice, you would hope.
20.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
mos def. the first one..right on..

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I had two stones sent to china for setting.

The first stone got lost and I am still upset about it. It was an amazing color changer.

The second stone arrived safely and they set it really nicely. I sent it insured and registered. Prongs exactly like how I want it. Setting was made to fit the stone perfectly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results