shape
carat
color
clarity

10 YR Annivesary Pendant

MoonMan

Rough_Rock
Although we only got engaged last year my SO and I are coming up on our 10 year anniversary. Given the success I had, thanks to all of you, with the ring I thought I'd pitch an idea for a pendant.

I have little interest in specific birth/anniversary/traditional stones. More going on bright colours. Here's a mock up. There'd be a small loop at the top to string it on. It's kind of a faux Bulgari.

Any thoughts/ideas/opinions?

Thanks!

pendant.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely unique design, thanks for sharing and Happy Anniversary in advance!

DK :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, its kind of like good hands in poker - you can either have a flush or a straight, but you can't mix and match.

So for me, the only way the pendant would work would be if you had stones of different color but similar saturation levels (or intensity of color); OR you had stones of one color family and had a range of tones and saturation levels. But its not as successful IMHO, to mix and match color and saturation level. HTH

MoonMan

Rough_Rock
minousbijoux said:
To me, its kind of like good hands in poker - you can either have a flush or a straight, but you can't mix and match.

So for me, the only way the pendant would work would be if you had stones of different color but similar saturation levels (or intensity of color); OR you had stones of one color family and had a range of tones and saturation levels. But its not as successful IMHO, to mix and match color and saturation level. HTH

I definitely understand what you're saying. I'd looked at some groups and something like this would certainly work.

http://www.gemselect.com/tourmaline/tourmaline-352006.php

The idea with the 10 stones is that each represents a year and every year has been different. I like the random shapes but the saturation could be more consistent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results