shape
carat
color
clarity

your best wedding gift!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, so IF you were already married, or if you''re about to get married, or anything along these lines, what would be your ideal gift, or what was your favorite gift.

One of my good friends is getting married and I want to make her gift special... I helped plan with a lot of the wedding, and I just really want it to be special!
SO I''m just wondering what was your favorite gift..etc!

I''ve gotten her a memory box as of yet, but the way it is made is solid wood with 3 sides that are for pictures then the fourth side you can turn it(like the doors the rotate), and each of those 3 "walls" have a place for a picture AND THEN the fourth isn''t there so you can put things in the box (yes I know it sounds a bit complicated.. LOL), but its lovely..!

SO gimmmmmme ideas :)
9.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
as I scan my eyes around the house, the most used (best?) gift were the knives. they get used everyday.
Oh, and the gorham stainless flatware for everyday. plain ribbon edge!

12 years ago! we were married

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly,
I never really would have thought this until we get married, registered, etc. But our favorite gifts are anything from our registry! Believe it or not, getting flatware made me squeal with delight!
It''s funny that some people still ask us what we might like... we really like the things we registered for, that''s why we registered!

Anyhow, it sounds like you want to get her something extra-special that''s off the registry, but from our experience, the registry is the way to go.

Tybee

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
the flatware and the lenox china made me squeal too!

I have flatware service for 20, becuase i like to entertain.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 10:13:32 AM
Author: Tybee
Honestly,
I never really would have thought this until we get married, registered, etc. But our favorite gifts are anything from our registry! Believe it or not, getting flatware made me squeal with delight!
It''s funny that some people still ask us what we might like... we really like the things we registered for, that''s why we registered!

Anyhow, it sounds like you want to get her something extra-special that''s off the registry, but from our experience, the registry is the way to go.

Tybee
yeah registry. i politely made all the unwanted gifts disappear about two years later. buh, bye!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So far my favorite gift is our Dyson!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything I registered for!!! But as far as non registry gifts, the best was a scrapbook album my best friend made of the wedding, full of pics...but that was her Christmas present to me, not a wedding present.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
MONEY. LOTS OF IT! LOL... edited: For the wedding gift itself...not a shower gift

I'm kidding, but not really. Maybe it's a Long Island and NYC and surroundng area thing, but it's pretty much a given thatyou give money. Anything else isn't really "appreciated"...well, it is, but you know what I mean. Maybe it's b/c it costs so much to throw a wedding here, people know (or should know) that money is the appropriate gift to cover their cost....

I know, I know, I can hear it now...that's not what the day is about, etc...But the reality of it is, here where I live, we give and get money. I would NEVER dream of going to a wedding and not giving money...it would not be appropriate here...

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 11:23:19 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
So far my favorite gift is out Dyson!

Oh man. WE didn''t register for a Dyson, but we bought one when we got our new house. I use that baby everyday--

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 12:18:33 PM
Author: moremoremore
MONEY. LOTS OF IT! LOL... edited: For the wedding gift itself...not a shower gift

I''m kidding, but not really. Maybe it''s a Long Island and NYC and surroundng area thing, but it''s pretty much a given thatyou give money. Anything else isn''t really ''appreciated''...well, it is, but you know what I mean. Maybe it''s b/c it costs so much to throw a wedding here, people know (or should know) that money is the appropriate gift to cover their cost....

I know, I know, I can hear it now...that''s not what the day is about, etc...But the reality of it is, here where I live, we give and get money. I would NEVER dream of going to a wedding and not giving money...it would not be appropriate here...
that is so interesting! down here we give money or gifts.

but then about half of the weddings are cake and punch weddings.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
We registered for a slow cooker/ crock pot, and I LOVE it. Right now, I am eating homemade fresh vegetable crock pot soup for lunch. I cut the veggies on Thursday night, popped it in the fridge, and on Friday morning popped it in the slow cooker on low, and voila - dinner is served!

So right now, the slow cooker is my favorite wedding gift. You know, besides the husband.
1.gif

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
ohh.. well if she HAD registered, I would be able to go off of that (take something she registered for, but "upgrade" it a bit since she is modest..) but alas.. no registry.. :)
LOL

they have a child together, and she finds they dont get to spend that much time together ... what do you guys think of maybe some sort of lessons together? (cooking.. or anything really) they are still young, so it could be nice?

ahh i dunnO!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results