shape
carat
color
clarity

Wrong/Bad Luck to Wear Wedding Band Early?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

largirl

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh! I just took my e-ring into the jeweler to fix a loose diamond in the band, and I feel absolutely naked. My coworker suggested wearing my wedding band while the other ring is in the shop, but we''re not married yet! Would that be crazy wrong or bad luck? I know while technically nothing is different and I''m still engaged, I don''t 100% feel like it without my constant reminder, and I always like knowing that people can just look at me and tell I''m taken (I''m a little old fashioned in that way).

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn''t. Do what''s right for you though.

To me it''s like someone wearing maternity clothes while they are trying to get pregnant.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 4:40:57 PM
Author: scm1012
I wouldn't. Do what's right for you though.

To me it's like someone wearing maternity clothes while they are trying to get pregnant.
What a funny image!

Largirl, superstition would tell you not to. I say... do whatever you want, it's just a ring
3.gif
I'm having FI keep track of mine though, because I want to "save it."
1.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I wore my wedding band while I was traveling in Peru last December, since a) I didn''t want to be toting my diamond around one of the mugging capitals of the world, but b) I wanted a symbol of our promise still on my hand.

So obviously, I see nothing wrong with it. FI has worn his around the house a bit too, taking it for a test drive.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m one of the few who think wearing the wedding band for a few days after getting it is a good idea. I know that I wore mine for 2 days to make sure the fit was right, that I liked it with my e-ring and that there weren''t going to be any problems with it. The return policy was only 14 days, so if there was something I didn''t like, I wanted to know quickly. But that''s just me...

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 4:20:04 PM
Author:largirl
Ahhh! I just took my e-ring into the jeweler to fix a loose diamond in the band, and I feel absolutely naked. My coworker suggested wearing my wedding band while the other ring is in the shop, but we''re not married yet! Would that be crazy wrong or bad luck? I know while technically nothing is different and I''m still engaged, I don''t 100% feel like it without my constant reminder, and I always like knowing that people can just look at me and tell I''m taken (I''m a little old fashioned in that way).
I would say it is not wrong or bad luck to wear the ring. Do what is right for you! It''s a ring so it''s just a symbol. Sort of like there are some that get engaged without a ring... that doesn''t mean they are NOT engaged or like some folks that buy solitaire diamonds for RHR or just some ring to wear.. it doesn''t necessarily mean they are engaged...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've tried mine on a bunch of times but I've never worn it for any real length of time. For some reason I don't feel like I should -- I feel like I should save it for the wedding day. I don't know why I think that way though because I don't think it's bad luck or anything. As others have said, do what you feel comfortable with. If you're okay with wearing it, go for it.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore mine a bit when I first got it. D wanted to see what it looked like with my ering and I wore it out twice by itself just as I felt like it. I''m not very superstitious!

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
I''ve worn mine around the house a few times for short periods of time. It''s just so pretty and I got it way too early. I can''t just store it away knowing that it''s there...but, I haven''t worn it outside.

I''m going to echo what the others have said -- do what it right for you. I can definitely understand the strangeness of not having your ering. I had to send my ering back to the person who made it about two months after I got it to fix something, and it was a weird feeling.

Good luck with your decision!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I wore it when I got it, but not publicly. I don''t believe it''s bad luck either way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results