shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you be interested in setting up a DIY thread?

Should we have a DIY thread?

• Yes! I''d love to see everyone''s finished projects in one thread!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking that maybe it would be a neat idea in having a DIY thread where our experienced brides can post pics of the stuff they did themselves for the wedding and brides2be can post projects they''re working on. But wanted feedback from you guys on whether you think that would be helpful or just keep it separate (won''t hurt my feelings I promise
3.gif
)

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I didn''t know how to vote because I like both ideas. (Can we do both?) Brides can post their individual threads showing their work/asking for feedback and then someone can post a photo and link in a DIY thread kinda like the eye-candy thread.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m assuming this will be a "sticky" thread that stays as the top of the forum sorta like T-Gal''s PS wedding thread? I love this idea because I think a lot of us will at least attempt DIY stuff- invites, flowers, favors, etc. It would be nice to have one big thread with a "teaser" photo in the main thread and a link to their individual thread that has all the info and related questions.

Great idea Fiery!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I did a ton of DIY stuff (even my hair) for my wedding and even helped a couple of people by photo shopping table numbers etc for them. Definatley a great idea.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
I''d love a DIY thread!! Everyone has such great ideas, and I''d be happy to try to help others as PS''ers have helped me so much already!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 1:44:56 PM
Author: Clairitek
I''m assuming this will be a ''sticky'' thread that stays as the top of the forum sorta like T-Gal''s PS wedding thread? I love this idea because I think a lot of us will at least attempt DIY stuff- invites, flowers, favors, etc. It would be nice to have one big thread with a ''teaser'' photo in the main thread and a link to their individual thread that has all the info and related questions.

Great idea Fiery!
That''s what I was thinking. Sometimes DIY invites or centerpieces are done way before the wedding so when wedding pictures come out, you forget that was a DIY.

Maybe we can just have a DIY final product thread so that the girls can still make their own progress/let me know what you think thread?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 2:29:23 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Date: 10/7/2008 1:44:56 PM

Author: Clairitek

I''m assuming this will be a ''sticky'' thread that stays as the top of the forum sorta like T-Gal''s PS wedding thread? I love this idea because I think a lot of us will at least attempt DIY stuff- invites, flowers, favors, etc. It would be nice to have one big thread with a ''teaser'' photo in the main thread and a link to their individual thread that has all the info and related questions.

Great idea Fiery!

That''s what I was thinking. Sometimes DIY invites or centerpieces are done way before the wedding so when wedding pictures come out, you forget that was a DIY.

Maybe we can just have a DIY final product thread so that the girls can still make their own progress/let me know what you think thread?

That is exactly what I was thinking. Sticky thread with final image teaser pic and then a link to the thread about how they made it and what they used (if there is one). This will certainly save a lot of forum from seeing some redundant questions and save those interested some time in their searches.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results