shape
carat
color
clarity

who else is doing a 2 day+ wedding/ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
for whatever reason... interfaith/mix couple.. etc.. who else on here is doing a 2 day or more ceremony? if so what type of weddings are you having and are you skimming down on a particular day so that you can fit it into your budget? what things are you doing to trim down the costs? are you doing it to please your families or is it something you want to do with your fiancee by choice?

my gf and i have decided we want to do a 2 day wedding.. one day being somewhat traditional pakistani wedding and another being a westernized wedding. we decided on a 2 day wedding to please our family but more importantly is something that we want to do for ourselves... my gf is the only daughter and it would mean a lot to her father to walk her down the aisle...

we are already thinkin of ways to trim down the costs.. any ideas would help too!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
You sure you can''t blend the 2? Are you inviting the same people to both? I love weddings where two cultures are blended: food, music, traditions. I bet there are wedding consultants that plan those all the time. Good luck.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
we talked about blending the 2 together.. but there are some things that cant be blended.. my gf wants to wear both a traditional pakistani dress and a white wedding dress as well... for example...

as for the guests... i think ill have my entire family which is over 100 ppl there for the pakistani-traditional wedding and her entire family (40-50) and some friends... for the western/american wedding ill have a subset of my family there and include her entire family.

maybe we could do the pakistani traditional day as kind of a rehearsal dinner.. check out the venue before hand and then have a huge reception.. obviously this is something that my gf and i need to decide and workout the details.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a friend''s wedding where they were both Indian but had been born in the US. They had a Catholic ceremony in the morning, then a traditional Indian wedding ceremony, then the reception at night. She wore her white dress to the Catholic ceremony and the reception, and her traditional Indian dress to the Indian ceremony. It was a LOOOONNGGG day, but I know they enjoyed it, so could you do something like that?

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
SInce my FI and I want to elope and have a private ceremony while honeymooning....we are brainstorming ways to include our parents. When we say "elope" and "we want privacy" it really sounds like we are not close to our families or like we are older. It''s totally opposite, we love our parents and we''re in our late 20''s. We just don''t want our wedding day turning into a huge drama and having it be all about a "wedding."

So we are thinking of doing this:

09-21-09(a Monday) -- having a quick ceremony at City Hall with our parents, siblings and grandparents present. This would be 12 people total including the two of us. Following that we can go to a really nice restaurant.

Then....FI can go on our ''weddingmoon''....have a private symbolic ceremony(what would have been a church wedding), and celebrate our honeymoon at the same time.

And then.....when we come back, we want to host a fun reception with family and friends. And this we were thinking of doing at my parents beautiful home. I would keep it limited to about 115 people.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
My nephew married a woman from Sri Lanka. She wore the traditional sari for the church ceremony which was beautiful and all of us American women wanted every detail explained to us about where she bought it (mother brought it from Sri Lanka), how you put in on, etc. We couldn''t get enough. After pictures she changed into a white wedding gown, had more pictures taken and attended the reception where she got all the oooos and ahs for her new look.

We had a variety of food, a traditional Sri Lankan wedding cake, and even though we thought the cake tasted "unusual" everyone loved the idea of learning about our new family member''s traditions. American''s can have a chicken dinner and frosted cake anytime but ethnic food and fun is something we can''t create ourselves.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that Ginger B had an asian ceremony with traditional dress, and then a western ceremony with a beautiful white Reem gown. I would page her as I was under the impression it was all done in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results