shape
carat
color
clarity

When do I register

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding is July 11 and people keep asking me where Im registered....... i thought it was too early but maybe im wrong.
What do you all think? when should i register?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
If you are having any sort of wedding events (even an engagement party) it might be wise to register asap if people are asking you about it. However, I don''t think most people register until much closer to the wedding. We registered in November for our July wedding because our families wanted to start buying us registry stuff as Christmas gifts, but I don''t think anything was purchased between Jan.-April.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
we registered in may or june for our december wedding just to get it out of the way. we got one random gift a couple weeks after that, but otherwise people just started buying off it around when the shower invitations went out.

so i would say as soon as you want but no later than two weeks before shower invitations go out.

people might just be asking out of curiosity, i know i was asked the same question by people who had no intention of buying something off it just then. but if you think people are chomping at the bit to get the gifts now, then sooner might be better than later.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I heard 9 or so months away was the earliest you should register... but if you have a particularly long engagement or people are asking, then i say register sooner! You just risk a couple of items possibly being discontinued, etc.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Blimey!

In the UK I think 99.9% of people register at John Lewis and their registry only goes live 6 weeks before the wedding!

That said, we don''t have showers over here (expect the rain kind of which we have MANY) so that might make a difference.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Galvana-we are getting married the same day! I am going to register in February. My shower is in May so that will give people plenty of time. Unless you need to register before, I would wait till after the first of the year to register
9.gif
LESS STRESSFUL because the holidays are over!

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Oddly enough, I had people asking me back in May and June, "when are you going to put up a registry" (the wedding is in October). I say oddly enough because it is now September (less then a month to go) and noone has purchased anything off of the registry. Why do you think people want to know so early? I doubt it is budgeting concerns since most people who are buying from a registry determine an amount they are going to spend and then look for ways to meet that quota while also purchasing things the bride and groom need/desire.

I would say maybe 3 months before max, put up a registry. I should clarify that I mean 3 months before an event. I didnt have a shower or anything like that before hand. Even though showers are typically female oriented and many people purchase a bride specific gift, it is handy to guests to have a registry to reference (and sometimes to even purchase from the registry) for the shower and or whatever other gift giving events you may have thrown in your honor.

Not to say it woudl do much harm if you did it earlier but I dont know how much use it will get.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone., my shower will be in may too. yay blair138 thats so cool we are getting married on the same day.
Im wondering if maybe when people ask WAY EARLY where you are registered, maybe they dont want to know to buy gifts, maybe they are just making conversation??? who knows! I think we''ll wait a few months!

TX ALL
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results