shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Maggie? (part deux)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
As you remember from my previous post which can be seen here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-do-you-think-of-this-maggie.87628/ I have been looking for a dress and it has become pretty desperate well I tried on a Sottero Midgley that someone suggested and it is very similar to the one in the pictures in fact the top is exactly the same and the skirt is a slim A-line. The dress was silk were as the one I tried on before was taffeta. Tell me what you think! (The pictures had to be take fast as the salon has a NO PICTURE policy)

maggiesfhghtilk448484.jpg

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I like this one better than the one you posted in your previous thread. It''s really flattering on you. Do you love it?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
hmmm, I think this one shortens you more than the other... I am not feeling it. SORRY!!
4.gif

Have you looked at the Sophia Tolli?

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
LOVE it - it has everything I liked about the other one (sweetheart neckline, ruching) and nothing I didn''t (the flower, the layered skirt). . . Damn, now I want that one! Does it have the same corset back as the other one?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ultimately it''s how YOU feel in the dress. I really like the sideswept front of the other dress, I just didn''t like it from the back.

I like this one, but...I dunno, I think I want to see the back of it before I give any feedback. I really love this material and I didn''t think it shortened you until I saw that post and then looked back at the first dress. It could just be the angle and trying to take sneaky photos in the dressing room though
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like the other one Al. But to be honest I'm not in love with either one, I think you need something a little softer looking. Have you tried any with halters? If I remember correctly that style always has flattered you.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know these are *totally* different than what you are looking at, but I think the shapes of these might work really well on your frame (got these mostly for shape):

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?line=m&page=3&style=J1172

You are one of the only people that could pull something like this off well:
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?line=m&page=3&style=A3206

Or maybe something like this?
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?line=m&page=8&style=J1189

I know you've really liked the style of these Maggies for awhile, but I would LOVE to see some other styles on you. You might be surprised at what you end up liking on you.

ETA: Have you ruled out Irina? That one was my favorite on you so far. I think the softer bottom really complemented your shape.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I ruled out Irina on account of the weird heart shaped beading on the bust. I have tried halters but they make me look funny. Oh well I guess here comes another weekend of dress try-ons!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 6:37:43 AM
Author: AllieLuv83
I ruled out Irina on account of the weird heart shaped beading on the bust. I have tried halters but they make me look funny. Oh well I guess here comes another weekend of dress try-ons!

Ahhh I didn''t see the back. Just keep trying things on, even if you think they are a bit out of your comfort zone. Find a good sales rep and tell them your basic requirements and then let them pick some dresses for you. That''s how I ended up with my dress!!!

krispi

Shiny_Rock
This one looks like it fits you like a glove. I love it! It looks like it was made for you.

i really like this one on you. I think it looks flattering and has very pretty lines and draping. what do you think and how do you feel in it?

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
hmm...honestly? the dress fits your body well, but something about its structure just doesn''t suit you to me (and i''m the one that gave you the link for that one!). i think the issue is that you have a strong shoulder line and decent muscle tone in your arms (that''s by no means a bad thing--i''m not trying to make you sound like a linebacker, haha), so the sweetheart neckline is pretty on you, but the super straight lines and stiffer fabric in these dresses makes you look severe. maybe something softer with a bit more movement would lessen that effect?? basically, you''re a lovely girl, and you can tell from your face in that dress that you haven''t yet found THE ONE. you''ll know it when you''re in it! i trolled the maggie sottero site--here''s a "few" that i thought would be pretty on you, just for entertainment, hehe. hope that helps some, and good luck!

brinkley

kadence

paigely

juliette

SD8305

libby

treasure

tayla

ophelia

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I am with some of the other girls. Both dresses are nice, but there is something not quite right about either of them on you.

I think doodle is right, the structure and overall shape isn''t right for your body.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 11:18:13 AM
Author: doodle
hmm...honestly? the dress fits your body well, but something about its structure just doesn''t suit you to me (and i''m the one that gave you the link for that one!). i think the issue is that you have a strong shoulder line and decent muscle tone in your arms (that''s by no means a bad thing--i''m not trying to make you sound like a linebacker, haha), so the sweetheart neckline is pretty on you, but the super straight lines and stiffer fabric in these dresses makes you look severe. maybe something softer with a bit more movement would lessen that effect??
This is exactly why I picked the one I did.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls! I am off to try on more dresses this weekend (Dress shop number gazillion, and gazillion and one) Will report back with more pictures if they allow them!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
don''t worry--you''ll find something you love! my friend had the same problem you''re having--the dress she finally got was the cut she liked but lacy so it softened the effect...ya know, i think i have a picture somewhere....

yup, here she is with the dress and without a face.
3.gif

n46701321_31963920_406.jpg

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
I agree with most of the girls, I think you have a really cute shape, and neither of these dresses fully accentuate it. I think your gorgeous regardless of your choice!! GOod luck try some more on for us!!!
1.gif

ramona.cc

Rough_Rock
I love the sweetheart neckline on you as well as the ruching...but I think you need something more flowing and soft.

Maybe look into these--just suggestions-

Lindon Marie--that train is detachable too
Melinda
Kadence
Delta
Faye
Vernice

GL finding your dress! And keep us updated :)

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the Maggie Sottero dress, Anastasia, would be AMAAAAZING on you! It''s the same shape, but more flowing material, but not so much that it drags you down...

Maggie''s Anastasia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results