shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this hair flower?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Before I give my thoughts, I''d like to hear your opinions. Thanks!

hairflower.jpg

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
I''m not crazy for it. I think an orchid or lily would look beautiful!!!
9.gif

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s pretty, but a little too small to make an impact.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 11:47:08 AM
Author: Krissie
I think it''s pretty, but a little too small to make an impact.

ditto. It kind of gets lost. I think that something bigger or brighter would be better.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
My hair trial:

taketwo2.jpg

With a flower I had that day that''s about the same size:

taketwo4.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
LadyC, I think it''s pretty but not sure it goes with your dress, colorwise, and it''s too small to make an impact.

Are you wearing a veil or just the flower? If only flower, I think a cluster would be prettier for you. Also, I''d stick to matching the color of the dress with the exception of matching the color of your bridal bouquet if you want some color.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s the color that I''m most unsure about, actually. As for size, I don''t want anything overwhelming - it''s just not me or my style to have big accessories, and the flower I tried the day of my trial (which is the same size) seemed to work well with my hairstyle. The flower will be just for the reception - I''m wearing a veil for the ceremony.

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
Is there a reason to pick that color (i.e. is it your wedding colors)? Is there a brighter color in your wedding color theme you can switch to (red, yellow, orange, bright pink)? Or obviously white is always classic.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
My bridesmaids are wearing midnight blue, and flowers will be creams, plum-burgundy, and various shades inbetween. The photo I ordered this flower from made it look more cream than pink, and the shade of pink looked a little closer to the color family that will be in my bouquet.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 12:41:42 PM
Author: ladyciel
It''s the color that I''m most unsure about, actually. As for size, I don''t want anything overwhelming - it''s just not me or my style to have big accessories, and the flower I tried the day of my trial (which is the same size) seemed to work well with my hairstyle. The flower will be just for the reception - I''m wearing a veil for the ceremony.
Color-wise, I think it looks like it was plucked from a silk arrangement. It just looks kind of like it was taken from a hospital or hotel silk arrangement, I don''t know. It would be much better in a brighter color.

Alternatively, how about some simple clustered stephanotis? That would go really well with your loose hairstyle. I think such a compact flower doesn''t totally complement the look, but that''s JMO!!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm..... I don''t think either flowers really do much, although the pink one is a little better than the white one, to me. None of them really enhance your overall look, though. If you wanted a small flower, could you go for one about the same size with a different shape? Maybe something with longer, more defined petals... kind of like a hibicus, if you''ve ever seen one.

Or, maybe doing a jewelled flowerpin (maybe with zirconias or sequins) instead of a plain flower would work better and help to dress up your look a bit more.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pink one better than the white one, but I agree with Sha...I don''t think either one really does anything to enhance your look or hair style...and I also agree with her that a different shape might be better. That''s partly why I like the pink flower better than the white...it isn''t as round...because your is arranged in a round shape on top, I think it needs to be balanced/contrasted with a different shape.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so the seller on etsy I got the pink flower from has agreed to let me exchange it for something else. Thing is, nothing is really jumping off the page at me, mostly because I'm having a hard time picturing what they'll look like (and I've lost confidence after this pink one...). Here's the link to her shop: Mikiye. She has quite a few different things in her sold section and she takes custom requests as well. Any input you guys can offer on what to exchange for would be great!

ETA: The pink flower is this one.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hm...the shapes of the flowers on the Site are all very round....but I like the following ones for you:

Page 1

Glisten White Silk Wedding Flower
Bronze Garden Slik Wedding Flower
Fluttering White Flower
Bridesmaid White Wedding Flower
Elegant White Silk Flower

Page 2

Silky Petals Rose Hair Accessory

Page 3

Sparkling Lily Silk Hair Flower Pin
Pearl White Silk Flower

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think that would be beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results