Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Chocolate and Vanilla cake with Bavarian Cream/Choc. Mousse/Vanilla Mousse

• Vanilla Chambord and Chocolate cake with Ganache/Choc. Mousse/Raspberry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
The cake will be 4-tiered, and each tier *could* be a different combo, made up of two cake flavors and three fillings.

Cakes: Spiced apple, vanilla, chocolate, marble, banana, almond, vanilla chambord (raspberry liquor), chocolate amaretto.
Fillings: Vanilla mousse, chocolate mousse, bavarian cream, raspberry, apricot, chocolate ganache.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i know chocolate and vanilla cake-wise are the best bets for the wedding cake, but i have to ask, have you tried all the flavors? i love amaretto but i''ve never had a chocolate amaretto cake. that and the vanilla chambord sounds heavenly. if they taste even half as good as they sound i might attempt to make one or both for my shower, if not for my next birthday
18.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Chocolate and Vanilla cake with Bavarian Cream/Choc. Mousse/Vanilla Mousse

18.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
GANACHE! So heavenly! Delicious with anything, but especially chocolate
9.gif
. I like chocolate a lot.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 12:55:42 AM
Author: kittybean
GANACHE! So heavenly! Delicious with anything, but especially chocolate
9.gif
. I like chocolate a lot.
++!!!!

Now you're making me wanna have cake!!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Chocolate and Vanilla cake with Bavarian Cream/Choc. Mousse/Vanilla Mousse... Yummo
18.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank ya for the feedback!!! So, from the responses, it seems like its split between two... Which is good :)

I love me some ganache, as well!!

Re: Other flavors... Tried ''em, and they weren''t BAD, but I didn''t love them. The amaretto has a STRONG amaretto flavor which may put off a lot of guests. I''m also worried about almond allergies. Vanilla, chocolate, chambord, and almond were DIVINE, though. The others were "really good."

It''s a tough thing-- I want guests to like the cake but I really want to LOVE it!! I guess we have the option of making our "top tier" whatever flavor we''d like.. Hmm..

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 12:12:45 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
I guess we have the option of making our ''top tier'' whatever flavor we''d like.. Hmm..

do it! that tier is all yours
31.gif

i''m definitely going to try to make one of those flavors next time i make a cake, besides what amaretto or chambourd doesn''t end up in the batter might as well end up in me
18.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I''m confused - when you say each tier can be made up of 2 cake flavors and 3 fillings - does that mean each slice will have 2 cake flavors and 3 fillings? If so, I think that is too much going on. I would stick with one cake flavor per tier and 2 filling flavors at most.

However, I''m a traditionalist when it comes to wedding cake - so feel free to ignore me. I''m usually disappointed when wedding cake isn''t "wedding cake" (white cake, butter cream frosting). So my vote would be Vanilla cake, with vanilla mousse and/or apricot filling.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Chocolate! Always chocolate!

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I love raspberry filling, so that''s what I voted for. Honestly, all of them sound pretty good...

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
I voted for the chocolate and almond cake but I am also a huge nut freak. Personally, I hate raspberry but know I''m prob in the minority on that one.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I like vanilla with fruit, but not chocolate with fruit, and who doesn''t love chocolate ganache, so I said choco cake/choco ganache and vanilla/raspberry.

I loved the almond cake we tried too, yummmmmm!
18.gif
I think we''re doing one tier of that.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 1:11:03 PM
Author: Jen_91909
I voted for the chocolate and almond cake but I am also a huge nut freak. Personally, I hate raspberry but know I''m prob in the minority on that one.

I dont like raspberry either...so any cake/filling without raspberry would work for me.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I chose: Chocolate and Vanilla cake with Bavarian Cream/Choc. Mousse/Vanilla Mousse

I think it sounds delish and I don''t like to get too funky with cake flavors.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 1:11:03 PM
Author: Jen_91909
Ditto...I think any of the combos of chocolate, vanilla, or almond
18.gif
would be safe, but I really dislike raspberry
14.gif
with cake.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results