shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding thread... with tiffany blue accents...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am struggling with how exactly to add just enough tiffanly bue accents to my wedding so that the color is obviously a part of the wedding but not too overdone... I was hoping you all could give me some ideas.

The wedding will be at a country club with a tented ceremony outside and then cocktail hour on the patio and then dinner and dancing to follow inside. I want it to be a very elegant "white wedding" but with some tiffany blue here and there so that it looks classy and fun. Also, I don't want a ton of tiffany blue as there are a lot of different things people call tiffany blue and I don't want to run the risk of all of it looking too different.

I am thinking white lamour table cloths, silver chavari chairs, silver vases, all white flowers, tiffany blue favor boxes on the tables, the bridesmaids in tiffany, small tiffany blue ribbons around the guy's bouts, tiffany blue pilars for the ceremony, and maybe tiffany blue and black invites.

What do you think?

These are the 2 top bridesmaids dresses at this point... here is dress #1

tiffanyblue1.jpg

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
style of pilars for ceremony, silver chairs, with high vases with white flowers

aisle decor2.jpg

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
so... sorry that was so long- i couldn''t figure out how to put more than one pic on a page. Hopefully this conveys what I am looking for and it isn''t too much tiffany blue.

Do you think this will work? Do you think I can convey this vision to the florist and event planner I am meeting with next week? Thanks!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I really like the idea of keeping the accents small, but I think you can do a few small touches. If the favors are the only blue things on the table, they might stand out. I would do something else small, like a ribbon around the silver vase or around the white napkins.

Also, since you are doing blue ribbons around the bouts, you could also incorporate the ribbon on the bouquets/flower girl basket. But again, I would keep it small and simple.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks... I agree I may need something else with the favor boxes- perhaps also the place cardscould be outlined in the blue and/or the menu could have a simple ribbon that matches the bouts.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think, for me, the BM dresses are a little too much. I would do a tiff blue ribbon, flower or other accent on a white dress, but I am ok with BMs in white. Just wanted to give another opinion
2.gif
Everything looks lovely!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I think after putting this all on paper and looking at it I realized the tiffany blue accents might be hard to pull off and keep the look of elegance that I want... I wish I would have realized that earlier but now I am thinking a more slate blue would be better....

nile blue lamour.jpg

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
and i think the bridesmaids will thank me as this color would probably be preferred by all :)

jim hjelm 5729 satin.jpg

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
hmm... I am starting to like this much better. Why didn''t I think of this before ???!!! Leave it to PS to keep me thinking :)

nile blue lamour22.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LOVE the slate blue!!! And the bm dress!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I love the slate blue bridesmaid dress. And I think it''s a bit more elegant than the first 2 you posted.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 2:42:33 PM
Author: modernsparkler
and i think the bridesmaids will thank me as this color would probably be preferred by all :)
This is such a classy classy colour - it think is screams elegance and would look fabulous!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I think everything looks really good, but I agree totally go with the slate blue! I love slate blue. What time of year are you getting married? Where were the first two bridesmaids dresses from? I like the first one a lot as well, not the color of the third one the most.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 11:42:19 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
I think everything looks really good, but I agree totally go with the slate blue! I love slate blue. What time of year are you getting married? Where were the first two bridesmaids dresses from? I like the first one a lot as well, not the color of the third one the most.
We are getting married in May of 09. The 1st two dresses are from mori lee and the last one is from jim hjelm.

I also like these 2 by jim hjem...

jh5806.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results