shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I'm bored at work so I thought I'd give a little details of my wedding. We are getting married September 3, so far this is what I have done:

Dress
Veil and headband
shoes
jewelry
Ceremony/reception site booked
Florist booked
Cake maker booked
Cake topper
Invites
Register is done (just need to stop looking at and changing things
20.gif
)

Still need:
MOH Dress - she's pregant and due in June
Alterations
slip
Best Man chosen
20.gif

Tuxes
Find person to do my hair and makeup
Attendant gifts
Photographer

That's about it....so now I'm posting pictures of what I have thus far.

First my adorable cake topper......

cake topper1465.JPG

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
My bouquet...minus all the green and not that color

FBQ100.jpg

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
My bouquet will either be a solid orange (pic) or a solid dark red, or a mixture of the two

orange7621763.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
My MOH will have a bouquet of these daises (just not that full) and the moms courasages will be the same daisies

daises19623211.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW Caribou- everything looks gorgeous! Where are you getting married?

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 3:03:15 PM
Author: Dani
WOW Caribou- everything looks gorgeous! Where are you getting married?
Thank you!!!!. We are getting married this September 3.
9.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
My jewelry will be a strand of pearls (choker) and pearl earrings my MOH is letting me borrow. My shoe match the champagne in my dress and are strappy. The cake we want to some how imcorporate the sash of my dress on it...which I''m excited about and that was all my FI ideas. Wonders never cease
23.gif
28.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks awesome! It''s going to be beautiful. What kind of food are you having?

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 3:42:11 PM
Author: EBree
Everything looks awesome! It''s going to be beautiful. What kind of food are you having?
Thanks!

We haven''t work the food out yet. We will probably go visit our reception site next month and test their food, although I''ve heard it''s very good.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caribou, everything looks fantastic. I really like your choice of flowers. Are you DIY?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Wow Caribou everything looks fantastic!!!!
9.gif

ETA: Whoops, posted the same time as TravelingGal! Let me revise to say...everything looks SPECTACULAR!
9.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 3:52:16 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Caribou, everything looks fantastic. I really like your choice of flowers. Are you DIY?
No, I am having the forist do them. I could probably do them myself but it''s easier this way. They bouquet will consist of 12 Gerber Daises and a ribbon holding them together, pretty simple. The daisies are only $3 a stem, which isn''t bad. The daisies for my MOH bouquet are $2 a stem and they have more then one flower on them. Which will help and I''ll probably be below my flower budget which is cool.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
everything looks really good. I love the idea of starting a thread with all your wedding ideas. I''ll probably do this closer to the wedding. I might suggested starting to find your photographer now before all the good ones are booked. Besides that it seems like you are on track!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well thanks for the idea Caribou. I don''t want to do spend much on flowers, that yours seems like a great idea that is cost effective, yet so pretty!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you''ve done so much already!!! I love your dress. Looks like it''s all moving along very smoothly!
36.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looks great! I adore the gerber daisies; my cousin had them in her bouquet (which I caught
5.gif
).

I love these threads with wedding details. Keep it coming!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I''m pretty please with my progress. It''s 4.5 months away and I''ve done a lot but it seems like there''s soooooooo much more to do.
23.gif

Tacori, I''m currently looking for a photographer, I e-mailed a bunch yesterday and have appointments with 3 on Tuesday. It''s hard because we live 2.5 hours from where we are getting married so we can''t just go to meet with a photog one day, then the next. So I''m making a day of it...hopefully I''ll like one the ones I''m meeting and it will be reasonably priced.

Travelingal, I love flowers but because of our budget, we are...well I am.... scarficing flowers to add more to the photography budget. But my FI is actually saying to add more, but I''m more being a stickler to the budget it seem. My favorite flower is sunflower but I liked the idea of a daisy themed wedding so that''s why I choose Gerber''s. I was thinking last night I will probably go with the red daisies. Oh and for the tables, we were thinking of buying potted plants like mums for the centerpieces, then who ever wanted to take them home could.

I''m still undecided about my hair. My FMIL has been going to her hair guy for a bazillion years and told me she was going to ask him, so I''ll see what he does...hopefully he''ll be good. It''s just decided on if I want it half up, totally up, or all down.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks great, caribou! Your dress is beautiful, your chapel is just adorable & the daisies are so pretty & sunny!
face23.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh we live 14 hours away from where we are getting married so I understand multi tasking meetings. Good luck!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I love your daisies! They are such a sweet, unassuming flower. They always make me smile.
face23.gif
Your headpiece is really pretty too. My sister is going to make mine. I didn''t want a veil so we decided on a beaded headpiece with small flowers, sea shells and ribbons on the back side of it. I can''t wait till she finishes it.
1.gif

Everything looks great. Congrats on all you''ve done so far.
36.gif

Everyone should do one of these threads. I really like seeing everyone''s plans, dresses, etc. all in one spot. Makes it easier to put a wedding to a "face".
3.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bright!!!

Amantde, I was iffy on veil but everyone says it pulls it all together, I personally think the headband does but whatever, the veil is coming off at the reception.
28.gif
The one your sister is going to make sounds really pretty, you will definitly have to post pics when she's done with it.

ETA: Everytime I look at this thread I get happy
9.gif
....however, I can not imagine being a wedding planner as a career. I'd go crazy!!!
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results