shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Invites Ideas Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Here is the wedding invitations. I hired my friends husband a graphic designer to design the invitations. Please note the polka dot sleeve we will not be using so all it is a white paper with a light pink border.

weddinginvitesawe.jpg

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Here is what he came up with so far. Our wedding isn''t until May 2010 but these will match the saves the dates which we are having the pictures taken this May. Can anyone help me DIY make these perfect I have no ideas on this department
7.gif
!

aweinvites.jpg

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I like!!
30.gif
30.gif
I LOOOOVE monograms and made one for my DIY aisle runner using fonts I downloaded. I''m thinking about using these too (but maybe not this exact style).

pinka_890_detail.jpg

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
ha, sorry I didn't fully read your post, you were asking for advice! Sorry about that! My advice is to possibly do the monogram on the outside of the invite, possibly by having a flap or a part fold over? And them just do the pink border and do the usual "so and so are getting married" on the invite. And the bouquet jewelry was from this website here

ETA: or what if you used the monogram idea and have it fold where the top meets the bottom? (not like a card but more like a tri-fold that opens top to bottom). I'm unsuccessful finding a picture of it right now.

mamie

Shiny_Rock
It is pretty, however wedding etiquette says to not use the married monogram prior to the ceremony.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 10:26:21 PM
Author: mamie
It is pretty, however wedding etiquette says to not use the married monogram prior to the ceremony.

I never heard of that!
32.gif
That''s our whole theme.

mamie

Shiny_Rock
Sad, but true:

http://idooriginals.blogspot.com/2007/05/monogram-etiquette.html

I''ve seen some really awesome monograms using the first names or first name initials and wedding date. If I can find my favorite monogram sites, I''ll post it.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Eh, if you love this design/idea, I''d go for it - I don''t think this is a huge deal in terms of etiquette in the sense that no one is going to be inconvenienced or hurt by this, so if you like it (and the design is very pretty) I''d just go for it
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
If you like the monogram, I say who cares about etiquette? Heck, I''m doing much greater etiquette violations than this, and I don''t care! Do what makes you happy; it''s your wedding!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Sadly, I don''t have any useful or clever suggestions. I just wanted to let you know that I thought that what you have achieved so far is very beautiful ...

Here are some links to invitation designers sites that I love to check out ... Maybe you might find some inspiration here??? Good luck!!

Eastsix
Brown Sugar Design

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I am going to have to say I am going to trust the designer in that part meaning the etiquette isn''t going to ruin my monogram. Thanks Sparkalious for the web sites.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results