shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I''ve always wanted to have a black and white because I think they are classic and beautiful. However, I''m getting married over Labor Day in the afternoon (3 or 4pm for the ceremony). Would it be considered gauche to have a black & white wedding because it is (a) still summer and/or (2) a daytime ceremony?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I say go for it! White is appropriate for summer and daytime, anyway. The rules have loosened in the last 50 years.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ummmmmm.....while I agree rules have loosened, I think it *might* get a few looks to have a black tie wedding at 3 in the afternoon. The season won't be an issue...I think it's the time of day that may create some confusion among the etiquette nazis.
2.gif

However, if you're aware of the incongruency and want to do it anyway, I say go for it unapologetically!
1.gif
It's not like the Etiquette Police are going to take you away the day of your wedding for your terrible faux pas...
2.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
I think that as long as your celebration suits the time of day you'll be fine. (For example a full on black tie wedding on Labor Day weekend in the afternoon probably isn't the "best" ettiquette wise, but a classic cocktail dress black and white summery soiree would be just the ticket.)

Best of luck in the planning.. I'm getting married 4th of July weekend and the plannings half way done.. and I wish it was all done so I could just get through the holidays without one more person asking me.. "so how is the wedding planning going?"

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
My sister had a black tie, with the bridesmaids wearing Black and creme gowns. The top was black and strapless, and the bottoms where creme...so it was a daytime, summer wedding but still had black and creme...

Who cares! Go for what you want!

Actually, you could have a hor d' oeuvres sort of reception. My friend had a black tie summer affair and it was all champagne, caviar, fruit sorbets and lite fare (mostly seafoods)... She pulled it off with cranberry colored bridesmaids in the dead of July!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results