shape
carat
color
clarity

Trash the Dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
After my wedding, I mentioned to a friend that I had never felt sadder than when I saw my dress in its box after it had been preserved. She said, "Have you heard of Trash the Dress?"

The concept is to have amazing photos taken in the dress after the wedding - but in locations that will basically ruin the dress (a lot in water, sand, mud..). Here''s the link: http://trashthedress.wordpress.com/

I still can''t figure out if it''s the coolest thing ever or the craziest, so I wanted to pose it to all the brides here. How crazy of an idea is this? Would you do it? Know anyone that has? Or does anyone already have plans to do this?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I think there was a thread about this a little while ago. It looks like a lot of fun! I love looking at these pictures! I wouldn''t be able to do that to my wedding dress though. But I do know someone who plans to do this.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have plans to do this, but have heard of it.
I would love to do some more photos in my dress since I love it,
which also makes me wonder why I'd want to trash it.

One photographer's site I came across had an interesting twist on this concept
called "celebrate the dress"- basically it's a post wedding photo shoot where you go around and take tons of photos of you in the gown, but not necessarily where you trash it. Much kinder!

I've seen some great trash the dress shots on the knot. One of my faves is the bride who got under a waterfall in hers- it is so pretty- and looks like fun. Another is a bride and groom the day after the wedding in the pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial (of course you can get arrested for doing that, and she said her gown was coated in muck)

ETA: main reason I'm not planning to do it is because I am maxed out (and then some) on photography budget for the wedding alone
2.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Trash it for those amazing pictures? Sure! A dress sitting in a box for decades wouldn''t do me any good, but I would enjoy the pictures every day!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i plan on doing a trash the dress session after my wedding! (our photography package includes engagemtn pics, but since we already took our i asked if we could substitute a trash the dress session instead!)

as someone mentioned, i think there are ''levels'' of these sessions. for example... maybe you go to a park and take pictures lying in the grass, leaning against trees, sitting on park benches, etc.. this is much kinder than standing under a waterfall, but still may be considered a trash the dress session because you may get a little dirty. also, as far as i know, the majority of dresses aren''t actually trashed! just really, really dirty. they get taken to the cleaners and ta-da... good as new!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
here are just some trash the dress pictures i love...
for your viewing pleasure : )

whitedTTD3.jpg

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOSH!!! I love this idea. I am thinking on our honeymoon this would be a perfect idea. Thanks for posting this link! Iam so feaking exciting about this !!! :) :) :)

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this idea! I can see myself enjoying the pictures far more than looking at a perfectly clean white dress in the years to come...

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Those pics are great, but I could never do that to my dress
6.gif
I really like the "celebrate the dress" idea. Casual photos in offbeat or artistic settings is more my style
2.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh I LOVE the one in the tree! That''s just gorgeous. I think I agree about the "celebrate" the dress photos, but doing a photo shoot on the beach during the honeymoon would be so romantic, too!! Did anyone see the photo on the website with the paint?? At least with the ones in water, you could concievably try to clean the dress...paint? Oh no...I''d never have the guts to do that.

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Oh I am so doing this!! That tree pic is so georgous!! My Fi agrees and we''re going to call our photographer and see if she''ll do a "trash the dress" session after the wedding instead of the free engagement session she includes in our package. If not we may just take the dress with us on our winter trip/semi-honeymoon and do a "trash the dress" photoshoot there! I don''t plan to keep my dress and though it was only $400 I feel slightly guilty at trashing it instead of donating it or trying to sell it. But i''m sure i''ll get over it once I get those beautiful pics!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember the previous thread about this...

I would totally trash my dress and have pro photos taken if I could still fit into it...it''s been 4 years, though, and I have gained "a couple." LOL!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 12:02:25 AM
Author: monarch64
I remember the previous thread about this...

I would totally trash my dress and have pro photos taken if I could still fit into it...it''s been 4 years, though, and I have gained ''a couple.'' LOL!

I bet I have gained more than you monnie and my wedding was only a year ago!
2.gif

I remember the previous thread too.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee hee! What a GREAT idea! My $.99 ebay dress has "Trash the Dress" written ALL over it, I''m thinkin''! Love it!
36.gif

lovemybug

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU to elmorton for posting this!!! i had never heard of trash the dress and when i read this thread thought it sounded pretty interesting. i mentioned it to my husband who was neutral on the idea, so i figured we would never end up doing it. just to see how much it would cost, i emailed the photographer who took the pictures at our wedding. he is super excited that i emailed him because he has never done one before and has been waiting to get some trash the dress pictures on his portfolio. since we were the first ones, he is doing our session for free! so since it''s not costing us anything, we are definietly doing it now! we are waiting until october and are thinking we will do it in a woodsy type setting since all the leaves will be pretty colors. i can''t wait!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
OMG lovemybug, that is AMAZING!!!! What luck!! Please, please, please post your photos when you get them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results