shape
carat
color
clarity

The good news is....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve lost enough weight that now my ering fits on my right hand (it never did before)

The bad news is that now I need it to, my wedding is officially off
7.gif

It was entirely my decision and I feel as good as one can under the circumstances.

He would like me to consider my decision a postponement, rather then a broken engagement- I''m still at a crossroads on that topic.
For the time-being we will remain together as a couple and make our decisions from there.

Sometimes things aren''t meant to be and I can live with that.

I didn''t want to wait too long before telling the forum and getting off the list, but I''ll still be here on PS, wishing you all well
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. I am sure, however, that this decision was not taken lightly so it must be the best thing for you.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing. It takes a lot of courage to call off a wedding. Best of luck!
2.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
FFF, it takes a lot of strength to make such a tough decision. I admire your strength, and I wish you the best!!! We''re here for you if you need us!
2.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Oh FFF, I''m so sorry, but I''m sure it is for the best right now. It takes a lot of courage to break an engagement, and I know you did not make the decision lightly. Just remember that we PS people are your friends, and anything you need or want to talk about, we are here for you.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FFF , I am sorry to hear this but it sounds as though it may be the right decision for now. Good luck and I hope the future holds only happiness.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lady, that is tough! I admire your strength and am SO glad to hear you''re holding up & that you''ll still be around P-scope. Helps to have all the support possible in times like this! Pls don''t hesitate to PM if ya need, I''m east coast & up at weird hours ...

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
emrose.gif
Wow, you did something that is very tough and I applaud you for doing what is right for you. I wish you the best of luck
emrose.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that, it must have been a stressful decision to make. I hope it''s for the best...you must be a very strong person to do that. I think about it myself lately, just as a response to wedding planning stress, but I don''t know how I''d summon the courage to really call it off.

I really wish happiness for you, and for your S.O., in the future. hang in there!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
FFF, I''m so sorry to hear that, but I know you made the decision that is best for you. Take care of yourself, and we''re all here to support you. Hugs!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
FFF,

*hugs* you are a very strong woman. Good for you for looking out for yourself. I wish you all the best.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I admire that you were able to take such a hard decision and stand up for yourself. I wish you the best for the future.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad to see someone putting thought into marriage and realizing that it''s not just about the wedding, it''s about the rest of your lives. Alot more people should be so strong. That would prevent alot of divorces and breaking up of families. You''re in my thoughts and prayers. Hey, there is more to PS than E-rings. You don''t have to leave us. There''s all kinds of jewelry waiting to be acquired
9.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry that things didn''t work out. I agree with the others, it takes a lot of courage to make changes. Good for you for making a wise decision. I wish you all the best!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
FFF, I''m sorry to hear this. I can''t imagine how difficult the decision was to make, but that being said, I''m sure much thought was put into this decision and you''ve done what is best for you. Good luck

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FFF, best of luck to you. I commend you for your courage and strength during this difficult time. If ever there was a place of support, PS is it!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
FFF, I am so sorry. You are so strong. I am here if you need me, you have got my number.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
FFF, you are really courageous to do what you have done. I know exactly how you feel. 3 weeks before I was due to fly out to Australia and get married I cancelled. It was the hardest decision of my life, especially as I had gone through the whole immigration process and got all my residency stuff sorted out (it took a year), so I would be ''legal'' in Australia as soon as I got married. I had my tickets, had sorted the wedding and accommodation, had started selling a lot of my possessions for my impending overseas move etc, etc. However, it didn''t feel right for me (even though it was a dream to think I was going to live in Australia). There was no way I could go through with the wedding, as I had serious doubts about the relationship and found myself dreading the wedding day, the nearer it got. Of course I went through hell when I made my decision and my dreams of living in Sydney were dashed, BUT it was the best decision I ever made. Shortly afterwards I met the man of my dreams, who adores me and I absolutely love him without reservation. We hit it off straight away and a year and a half later (November 1, 2005) we got married. It truly was the best day of my life, whereas the previous wedding plan was so wrong... I was dreading the wedding day, which says it all! Instead of living in Australia, I''ll be living in the States, so I''m not complaining, we have great plans for the future.

Well done for being so strong, I am sure you will not regret your decision. Whether it be a postponement or cancellation, it gives you time to clear your head and decide what is right for you. You need to go into a marriage believing it''s for life, so it''s a decision that shouldn''t be taken too lightly. You have to be sure. You''ve been very brave... well done.

BIG HUG!!!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
8.gif
I''m so sorry FFF. It''s very brave of you to make such a big decision, don''t ever let anyone doubt yourself.

I to had a broken engagement many years ago. At first it was a hard thing to go through but I quickly learned that I didn''t want to live the kind of life I would with him. I also realized that I never truly loved him, it was being in a relationship that I was in love with. It took me awhile but I met ''the one'' last year, it is the best realtionship I''ve ever been in and I feel so loved and blessed to have him in my life. Whether it is with your current beau or someone new...''the one'' will come your way. In the mean time, good luck to you.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Never mind lass! I know you must be feeling very disappointed, even though it is you that is cooling things off.

We forget we are animals, and as such, have animal instinct or ''gut feelings''

I think your gut feeling has been giving you strong signals...and you''ve had the sense to slow things down and take time to think things through.

Sounds to me like you''re a very sensible lass...and i wish you all the best for the future.

Blod

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear that.
8.gif
But, I applaud you following your instincts.

Sometimes the right thing to do is also the hardest to do.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that. But good for you for having the courage to make such a tremendous leap.

If you''re ever in the city, look me up! We can go out for celebratory/consolation drinks...

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Now that the ring fits your right hand are you still wearing it, just not on the ering finger? Since you''re still together and all and you never know if things may change down the road....Plus it''s such a gorgeous ring and all. On the other hand, it may be too painful to continue wearing it. I don''t mean to be nosy, Just wondering.
1.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear that you have had to make such a difficult decision, but like the other girls have said- I applaud you for giving marriage the careful consideration it deserves and making the right decision for you at this time. HUGS to you.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have anything to add that hasn''t already been said. Just

**BIG HUGS**

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
FFF, I''m so sorry to hear about that. I hope that things get easier as time goes on, and I''m sure that you made the right decision for yourself. I wish you lots of joy and happiness in your relationship and hope that you continue to grow as a couple. Lots of hugs!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your strength and resolve to know what''s best for you in the long run is a testament to you and a lesson for all. Even though the decision must have been very difficult, you knew in your heart what was right and that is so very commendable. I wish you much happiness and peace!!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Big Hugs!! We''re here for you if you need support..............

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts- they mean so much to me!

I took a little PS break, but who can resist diamonds? and I''m actually doing better than ever, very comfortable in my decision and feeling fine.

Thanks again to everyone!

(I''m sorry I have to bump this bummer of a thread but just wanted you all to know how much I appreciated your kindness.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results