shape
carat
color
clarity

shower invites before wedding invites?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kstar512

Rough_Rock
Just wondering what the etiquette is as to which should be sent out first. We had a major bump in the road on Friday. My parents went to my venue to have lunch and while they were there they started talking to the owner about our wedding. The lady asked if we were all set since our wedding was only two weeks out--- my wedding isn''t until September 19! Turns out she had the wrong date on her calender and gave our date to someone else! Two months out, this was the worst thing that could have happened! We came to an agreement and we are moving our wedding to the 20th, one day later. The problem is that all my wedding and shower invites were set to go out today, but now we have to reprint them! The shower ones are fine and ready, so I was wondering if it is weird to get the shower invite first? Or is that normal?

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that happened! I hope the venue is doing right by you since it was their screw up! How awful. Thank goodness they had a solution!

I''ve definitely gotten shower invites before wedding invites before. Many times. Don''t think it''s an issue at all!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh no! so sorry to hear about the date mix-up, it''s a good thing your parents just happened to be there

i don''t think receiving a shower invitation first is bad at all, i''m sure most people know you are getting married anyway, and the shower is usually a month or so before the wedding

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I''ve received shower invites before the invitation as many times as after, so no need to worry about that issue.

Sorry to hear about the date mix-up, but I am happy for you that you found a solution!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I have received shower invites before wedding invites. I didn''t think it was weird at all, and never even would have thought about it had you not asked
1.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! I''m sorry to hear that! Considering the circumstances, I''m sure it won''t be a big deal about getting the shower invites first. How fortunate was that though that your parents were there for lunch...

kstar512

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for all the quick responses! I think I will send the shower invites out this week and just have to send the wedding ones out as soon as they are ready.

Marlie- They lady felt awful, she is doing everything to accomedate us and make it even better than before. I was upset at first, but I think it will work out better this way anyway. We will be getting alot of things we would not have been able to afford otherwise just because she feels so bad.

Diva0413- Had my mom not been there, they would have had everything in line for August 1st! I am so glad we found this out now and not right before the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results