shape
carat
color
clarity

should I remove the train?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FutureMrs.McKerrall

Rough_Rock
Good morning...

I bought my dress!!!! I am having a DW in the Dominican next May and I have a couple of questions for all you DW brides (or anyone who wants to give me their opinion. They are always greatly appreciated) first off, is the dress too formal for a beachy style wedding? Secondly, should I remove the train or should I just have it bussled (spelling?) all day/night?

I am having trouble attaching pictures, so I am just going to cut&paste the link to pictures of the dress.

http://www.glamordesigns.com/detail.asp?back=collection.asp%3Fpage%3D1%26col%3D1&col=1&style=89

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous!

I am getting married in the DR in just over 3 weeks and I am not bustling my dress until after the wedding.

I think it''s a matter of personal preference. I want to have a train when I walk down the aisle no matter where I get married and bustled for the reception.

I think your dress would be beautiful either way.

FutureMrs.McKerrall

Rough_Rock
Thanks WannaB. Where in the DR are you getting married? Are you having your ceremony on the beach, gazebo, or the church?

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i think your dress is really pretty, and i''m of the "it''s your wedding..wear whatever you want" mentality. i would do a bustle! i love the train.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really a matter of personal choice. I wouldn''t wear this style of dress to a destinantion wedding but that''s just my personal preferance - I''d want something slightly lighter/less formal. You chose it for a reason and you can bustle the dress for dancing if you want to.

Good luck on our big day.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve seen photos of beach weddings with women wearing similar style dresses as yours, it''s true, it really is a matter of personal preference, the train is lovely, but if you don''t want to worry about the bustle all day and night, how much would it cost to remove the train, would it affect the overall look you wanted and can it be done easily?

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting married at the Iberostar Punta Cana and my wedding is going to be in a Gazebo by the beach...and I am wearing closed toe 4inch pumps...so obviously I have no regard for what I "should" do at my wedding.

I have a full on wedding gown of satin and organza and closed toe pumps for the ceremony....

You should be able to do whatever you want. That said, take heed of the pp who asked how much it would cost to remove the train. My dress had a 3inch satin band around the whole bottom of the dress and I had it removed. Because it was around the entire length of the hem and train, it cost me $125 to remove it. But I thought the satin hem made the dress heavier and I wanted an all organza skirt.

As long as you are happy with your decision and comfortable with the cost, who cares what anyone thinks! My mom thought I was nuts paying $125 to have the satin band when my dress only cost me $150...I imagine she would have passed out if I''d told her it cost me another $100 to add a corset back! hahaha! I bought the dress because I loved that it had no lace or beading, not for the price!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yup, definitely personal preference. I''m a non-train kind of gal, but I got a dress with a train because my husband wanted one. A train can be slightly annoying for a beach wedding, but not a dealbreaker. Up to you! I think the dress looks great for any kind of wedding - it''s a classic, timeless style.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that dress is beautiful. If the environment will let you, wear it with pride for the ceemony then bustle it for the celebrations afterwards.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding day is probably the only day of your life to be a real life princess - when else will you ever get to wear a dress with a train?
36.gif

I would probably bustle it during the reception just for comfort but for the wedding and pictures thereafter, I''d definitely wear the train!

Beach weddings are becoming very popular - both of my kids are having them. The bridal shops just advised the girls to wear whatever they wanted - it is their day and I really don''t think there is any right or wrong with choosing a dress for your wedding day. As long it is a dress you love, then anything goes!

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
my wedding is a DW too and I am keeping the fancy details. i don't think there is a rule in having to keep your gown low key for a DW.
as far as bride dresses go, all rules go out the window! (unless it's ballgown - that might be a bit much at a DW)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 6:33:40 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Your wedding day is probably the only day of your life to be a real life princess - when else will you ever get to wear a dress with a train?
36.gif

I would probably bustle it during the reception just for comfort but for the wedding and pictures thereafter, I''d definitely wear the train!

Beach weddings are becoming very popular - both of my kids are having them. The bridal shops just advised the girls to wear whatever they wanted - it is their day and I really don''t think there is any right or wrong with choosing a dress for your wedding day. As long it is a dress you love, then anything goes!
Ditto!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Your dress reminds me a lot of bee*''s gown. Maybe you can ask her for a photo of her bustle. She has photos of her dress posted in her wedding thread. She had a very formal wedding, but it might still give you an idea about shape to see what you like.

I had my train removed, but it was wholly because of personal preference (I just generally don''t like the look of bustles or trains). I am getting married outside in the mountains, and I did think, logistically, it would be better, too. It was expensive, as WannaBMrsH said. I think I am paying more like $225 for it to be removed.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
your the bride so you can wear anything that you like. personally, i dont see that dress walking on a sandy beach, specially with it having a train...

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
is the train quite heavy? just thinking about how much sand it might ''sweep'' up behind you, i love the overall look, just wondering about practicality with the sand and all

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
I am having my wedding on the beach in Bermuda. My dress has a very long train. What we did was take out all the underlayers of train and just leave the fabric on top to keep it light weight.

trnj.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 12:59:24 PM
Author: JerseyGrl81
I am having my wedding on the beach in Bermuda. My dress has a very long train. What we did was take out all the underlayers of train and just leave the fabric on top to keep it light weight.
Holey Moley! I LOVE your dress!! Oops...threadjack...

In response to the question, I agree with JerseyGrl. Maybe you could take some of the extra fluff out and that should help make it more lightweight. I think the train in your dress is absolutely beautiful and when else would you be able to wear a dress with a train. I don''t think you should take it all the way out. After the ceremony you could go ahead and bustle it then so you get the best of both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results