shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoes: Blue or Ivory??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
So, I just found these shoes on zappos, and I''m in LOVE. They have everything I want in a wedding shoe - strappy but w/ enough support, a closed heel (so my dress can''t catch underneath my foot), an ankle strap because pumps always slip off my heels, and they look like they''ll be really comfy (here''s hoping!!). The question is.... do I get navy, or ivory?? I''ve been toying for months with the idea of wearing blue or burgundy shoes instead of ivory to match my dress. I think my hesitation is that the navy might be too dark. What do you guys think I should do? I know I can order them and just see the color for myself - returns are free, afterall - but assuming they''re the color they look on the computer screen, think the navy is a good idea??

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7274589/c/422.html

4998-322650-p.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I do not like the navy. Is a cute shoe but dosen''t say Bridal to me.

Perhaps in a bright blue? Perhaps the ivory will be nice but I don''t love it.
emotion-18.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say go with the ivory as well. Blue is fine. Navy...meh...

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for ivory too. One thing to think of is your pictures. Some poses you can see the shoes very clearly, especially if you are sitting down. The blue would draw your eye immediately away from your gown and the other people in the photo.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Here they are in ivory:

6219-322649-p.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
(Takes evasive manovers)

I think they look cheap in Irvory.
15.gif

Keep looking?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Better in ivory...but I still don''t love them.

However, YOU do...and that is the important thing. I''m also a comfort above looks kinda gal and believe me, you won''t care how awesome your shoes are if they assault your tootsies. Get them and try them on...if they are comfy and the price is right, I say go for it.

BTW, you''re talking to a gal who wore flip-flops at her wedding.
20.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the shoes but agree that they look off in ivory. You said you considered burgandy, what about getting them in red? That was my favorite of the colors they came in and I love the idea of a touch of color peaking out!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
One thing about me going with blue or plum/burgundy is those are our wedding colors. I''m afraid red shoes would clash with the burgundy.
7.gif
I went ahead and ordered the ivory just to see what they''re like in person. I''ve ordered shoes online before and had them go both ways - look 10 times better than the photo, or 10 times worse - so we shall see. Can''t hurt, since shipping and returns are free...

Steel

Ideal_Rock
TG has unintentionally shamed me.
emembarrassed.gif

Sorry, I didn''t mean to offend your taste.

I hope they super comfy & sassy IRL, be sure to post pics!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I was a blue shoe bride (my wedding was all fall colors, so the shoes were simply a statement for "something blue"), but I think you''re going to go blue, you have to go bright, no-holds-barred blue! Mine were bright peacock blue. Navy? Meh.

Glad you went with the ivory--if you don''t like them on you can just return ''em and keep shopping!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Zappos always amazes me. I ordered the shoes around 9pm last night, and they got here today around 1.

As for the shoes, they''re awful.
7.gif
They have zero flexibility in the sole, so the second you try and take a step the ankle strap is cutting through your leg. Take the strap off, and you leave the shoe behind. It''s sad, because the shape of the shoe, support, etc is great.

oh well, back to the drawing board.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer! Sorry to hear your shoes didn''t work out.

How about these?

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/11189574/c/695.html
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/31843126/c/695.html
http://www.solestruck.com/nina-sandra-blue/index.html

Also, I ordered from solestuck.com and the shoe shipped out the same day as well, and their price is lower! They seem to have the same shipping/return policies as zappos. Just another resource if you can''t find what you''re looking for on Zappos. (my shoes were sold out on Zappos, but were available on Solestuck...)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results