shape
carat
color
clarity

Please post your BM dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I''m stuck! I can''t find BM dresses that I really like. Can you please post yours for inspriration? Also post how much they cost if you wouldn''t mind.

Thank you!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't gone shopping with my bridesmaids yet. My colors are sapphire and garnet, so I'd like them to have deep blue dresses and garnet rose bouquets. Here are the few pictures I've found that will show on this board. (I don't know why the others show up as an X or big white square). I plan on posting the final when it's decided.
7008_midnight.jpg

7084_m_Navy.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
newshiny - Check out my knot bio - I have tons of my fav. BM dresses on there.
http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=MelissaSue81

These are my three favorites though (in order)
1999_princess.jpg

This one is dessy.. I think its around $150

a6244_petalpink.jpg

After six - also around $150

414_8725_large.jpg

Joanie G by Jordan... I think this one is a bit less.. $120 maybe?

Lollybear - that vivian diamond dress was one of my absoute favorites.. until i realized its not wearable. Its a dress that you NEED cleavage for... but its almost impossible to wear a bra with it.. It would have to be strapless (because of the way the straps go in the back) which don''t give much cleavage anyway. And it would also have to be super low in the front, which strapless bras often aren''t. Its a GORGEOUS dress, I just don''t know how realistic it is.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock

Well, this isnt MY bridesmaid dress, but I was a bridesmaid recently and had to wear the following dress. I've looked forever online and found pictures of it, but every single one had that feature to copy the pic onto your computer blocked. Ugh. Anyway, the dress I had to wear was in Navy though, but here is a link with the pic:

http://www.bridalco.com/catalog/levkoff_bridesmaids/22_012_350.htm

and you can also see it on www.billlevkoff.com and style #350.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
MelissaSue, I
emlove.gif
the pink and black dress by Jordan. I think that''ll be my theme once I get there. I LOVE pink and I love the way black makes it pop. Have you picked invites yet. I''ve seen the cutest black and pink ones if that''s the route you are going. Love all your choices!! Timeless and elegant. Great taste!!
36.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some dresses I like!! Enjoy.......

greenlazaro.GIF

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
and another......

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Opps...sorry..here you go

pinkbrides.GIF

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
another........

pinksleeveless.GIF

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for the little flower girl......

flowergirl.GIF

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Wow, y''all, thanks! There are some really great ones, especially the tea-length dresses. I''m getting married when it will be warm in Palm Springs (hopefully not hot), so need dresses that are on the "cooler" side.

Those dresses with the plunging necklines - do you gals think your bridal party would be comfortable in those? Do you have any concerns that people''s bras will show in the pictures? I just ask because I really like the dresses, but am pretty flat chested myself so I find fabric shifting around when I wear dresses like this.

The other thing is a little more complicated. I really, really love my wedding dress. And I think it would be nice if my gals at least like their dresses. Thing is, the traditional BM dresses are pretty pricey for what they are. I see the majority of the dresses being so-so quailty (thin fabric, no lining usually, not superb craftsmanship) for something that will only be worn for one day. Should I suck it up and have the girls wear them anyway since they''ll no doubt look great in pictures? Are any of you holding out to see the spring dress collections from Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, etc.? Any other ideas for great "nontraditional" BM dress stores?

Thanks!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
PS - Melissa Sue, that''s quite a comprehensive Knot Bio - wow! How long did it take to create?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
angel!!! I really really really really like those two BM dresses that you posted that are pink with darker pink trim. I really WANT to do that for my BMs.. but I really DON''T want strapless dresses, so its hard to find both. Do you know who makes those two? Is the first pink one B2?

I saw a super cute similar one last night in The Knot magazine.
knbelss056207m.jpg

ANd you can do whatever color trim with it..I''d either want black trim or darker pink.. I really like the way it looks in the back. Its sexy!

I like the little flower girl dress you posted too. I have more of those sweet beginnings dresses in my bio.

Can you show me the black and pink invites? I''d love to see them. I don''t know what I''m doing with invites at ALL yet.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
I'm cheating. I'm seriously considering having my mother sew the bridesmaids' outfits - probably two-piece outfits in a chocolate or chocolate/ivory combination. I have the horrible picture of the pattern I think I'd like to use (not the sleeved tops!):

M3436.jpg

Checking around for fabrics, I can get nicer fabrics for a lot less than the designer dresses. I've only got three 'maids, so it's not so much work trying to coordinate everything (famous last words, I know...)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
New Shiny - thanks.. I don''t really know how long it took to do my knot bio. I''ve been doing it little by little over the past month or so. the other day I spent like four hours on it... so I bet I''ve put a lot of hours into it..

As for the low cut dresses.. I am small chested and those are the ones I liked best on me (I liked the strapless too.. but I have one bridesmaid in particular who would really prefer to NOT wear strapless. If the dresses FIT correctly and the girls wear the proper bra (Also.. If I pick a dress that you have to wear a special bra underneath.. I want to buy them good bras so that they don''t have to worry about that!).. the bras should NOT show.. and there are ways that they can hook the bra inside the gown so it won''t slip around as much.

I know what you mean regarding non-traditional bridesmaids dresses.. but I really haven''t seen much that I like that would be suitable. Other than some "prom" dresses.. and those aren''t any cheaper than BM dresses!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
rfath - actually really like the picture of the patterns you might have oyur mom sew! I like the one on the model with the straps a lot. It looks like ANYONE could wear it!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
MelissaSue-The first (strapless) with the two pinks is Romantic Bridesmaids. www.romanticbridals.com
(it comes with a wrap, perhaps the girls could wear that in the church. Have them wrap it around their shoulders and tie it in a knot in the back so that it looks like a little bolero jacket and then they can do what they please at the reception?) I''ve done the tie in the back thing, works good. It stays in place so your hands/arms are free for the boquet and such.

The second one is the B2 line from Jasmine you were right.
www.jasminebridal.com
I love Jasmine designs and am excited because their actual store is not far from me!

I can''t remember the website for those invites. I''ll get it when I go home. I swear I think they are so cute. I''ll let you know once I get the catalog and website!

aeli

Rough_Rock
I wish I could find a picture of the dress I wore in my friend's wedding last year, but I haven't been able to track one down. It was a pink and salmon floral print silk chiffon halter with an asymetrical hemline by BCBG. It was actually much prettier than it sounds, and perfect for the island wedding (Oahu). Cost - roughly $500 after tax, more if you include alterations. Honestly, I wouldn't have minded the price so much if I didn't also have to pay for all my own travel expenses, plus the hair dresser, nail salon, and make-up artist the bride chose...

It's nice that you ladies are taking into consideration some of your bridesmaids concerns.
28.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
aeli - YIKES $500 is really really steep for a bridesmaid dress. PLUS travel expenses.. no WONDER you don''t want to be a bridesmaid again!!

I''m definitely keeping my BM dresses under $200... and I think FMIL will do the alterations for them.. I think that is reasonable. All my bridesmaids except my sister will be OOT, so I doubt they''ll have too many other expenses (as far as throwing showers and stuff go..)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Princess - Are you really getting the katina katoo fg dresses? I love them soooo much but they are sooo much $$. I''m going to have my FMIL make a general copy of one of them. Or maybe a combination of a few of them.. since there are so many cute ones..

princesstn

Rough_Rock
of course, i would NEVER drop $300 something on a dress for a flower girl :razz:

i got mine at a sample sale for 50%. :razz: i''m not crazy.
21.gif

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Do not spend heaps of $$$$$ on a flower girl dress. Let me tell you what happened at my Auntie''s wedding when I was a sweet little FG. Day went fine at the church. Day went fine until reception and toasts and everyone (aunts, uncles family friends) let the FG (me) have a sip of their champers after the toasts. Little FG starts to get a little tipsy from all this champers (being only 7 at the time). Their were other kiddies at the reception which was only a lovely farm so we all went exploring down where the dam was. I slipped in my drunken state fell in ruined my silk FG dress swolloed a whole heap of dam water got very sick and said my brother pushed me in so he''d get in trouble and not me. So just a little word of warning on kiddies, champers and expensive dresses not really mixing well together.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
lol.. to me that was more of warning not to give your flowergirl alcohol!!!!!!!! but it is very silly to spend sooo much on a dress for a little girl. Especially since my youngest niece will be not quite 2!!! She sure will be cute though!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hey MelissaSue, here are some samples of the invites i promised. Mind you there are many different styles and you can get them in a variety of colors. You have to go on the website and look through them. (They are a direct mail order company) and you could order a catalog and also the color samples if you are really interested. Good Luck! I think they are so cute!
36.gif

HolliInvite.GIF

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another one....

caseyinvite.GIF

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I forgot to give you the website for the invites!!

www.myjeanm.com

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I remember reading in a bridal magazine that a v neck is universally flattering. The magazine had recommended this dress.

Watters.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results